Am I the only one ?
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Am I the only one ?  
When I bought TM2, I was a bit excited what it would be like, and I was not disappointed at first. But after driving it for a while I wanted to explore it a little, like what can I do to change the look of this on a.s.o.... Then I realize that the look of the racing environment cannot be changed like in TMNF, where I changed almost everything the way I wanted to change it, like the look of the airship, the look of the inflatable a.s.o.... And then I realize that in TM2 I cannot change much the way it looks when I race the in-game tracks or the tracks that I race from here.... coz, Nadeo, for some reason, put a Digital signature in the Image files, that does not allow any change of the image used as the surface look in the game. This means, for me, that, as the buyer of this game, I am not the really owner !!!! There is some kind of a co-owner, that will control me the way I want it to look when I use the software that I bought.... It is the same, for me, as if Microsoft, would not allow me to change the wallpaper, the icons, a.s.o... OR, if I bought a house, the seller kept a key, so that, if I changed anything in the house or in the garden, my key would not work anymore ! ! ! ! ! ! This is, in my opinion, a violation of THE OWNERS RIGHT !!!!! I mean, I bought this game, its MINE ! AM I WRONG ?????? Because, when i race, i don't only like the track, but also what I can see along the track, the way it looks, the signs, the surface of the blocks, the look of the trees, a.s.o... I want it to look MY WAY !!!!!! When I RACE A TRACK, I want it to look the way YOU GUYS MAKE THE MODS FOR ! BUT, that's only apply to the tracks you designed and I can download and race. BUT, what if I like it to look like that in ALL the tracks I race ????? I mean, I like this or this mod, and I want it to look like that in ALL the track that I race???? Why do NADEO does not allow me, as the owner of the game to do that???? This should not be hard for NADEO to change, coz, it's not about to change the source code of the game, just to change the the settings of the DIGITAL SIGNATURE of the image files in the zip files that will be loaded when u start the game, so that, it will not anymore take any "Close down" action if u change those Image files........

Ok, this is my IMHO about this.... Plz write ur opinion about this matter here, so that we can, as a community, put some idea together to NADEO to change this unwanted limitation in the game......
Moped Racer

I think it's made to prevent an advantage of some players in online mode. and you have just owned the right to play the game. they can take that right away from you, just by blocking your key.
Zimmer Racer

Agree with Space. You don't own all of their artistic ideas when it comes to the textures; therefore, you do not have the right to change them. You bought the right to play the game as they wanted you to see it. If you have more questions than that about your TM2 rights, I suggest breaking out the EULA :p
Sports Saloon Racer

That and I believe the original poster messed up changing the files and blames the illuminati, "digital signatures" and aliens (like we don't have more important things to do). :p
Moped Racer

Space; What posible advantage would that be in online mode, that would not also be an "unwanted advantage" also for TMNF in online mode ?
Bucky; What u mean "braking out the EULA"?
Enai; Yes, I did messed up by changing the files, but it was easy to restore it, so no need to blame Illuminatis or Aliens or others..... Sorry if I balder u with my oppinion about this.... 8-|
Moped Racer

EULA = End User License Agreement.
You know, that thing that no one reads, they just click 'accept' so they can get on with the installation?

I found this with a quick google: http://wiki.maniaplanet.com/en/EULA_(UK/USA)
You might have to do a search yourself to fins something that applies to your country, should it be different.

I glanced through it, and it does say that those textures belong to Ubisoft. It doesn't say anything about the digital signatures you commented about.
Last edited by Bucky,
Sports Saloon Racer

Ok, tnx... then I know... :$
The link says only: "There is currently no text in this page"
Hehe, yeah, who reads the end user agreement ?
It might be something there that says something about the topic, but what I mean is that it is a little odd, the fact that we have a big modding community where the main subject is to change the way the program looks and that is supported by Nadeo, then they put restrictions to what "mod" we want to have when we download tracks. Its an imo totally unessessary limitation in the game. And I was hoping that we, as a community, could agree upon that and maybe make Nadeo change this in the game. Coz, what one single person want might not mean so much to Nadeo, but if the majority of the community want it, then they might consider to change this.... Some might not wish it or want it for them self, like with TMunlimiter, but should anyway be bighearted enough to support the one that do want and wish for it....

But ok, maybe I"ll just post about it in mania planet forum and see what is the response there... In the meantime, I just race and enjoy the way it is.... ;)
Moped Racer

why the hell do you care if you drive with default mod or not? it's still most comfortable, lol. that's why your suggestion will fail btw - you're the only one. correct link for EULA: here
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Doh, I the trailing ')' got lost, thanks Space :p

ManiaPlanet forums are the place to take this if you really want to see them change it ... although I still doubt it will happen. Their staff is probably busy with the next maniaplanet games 8-|
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky: U r probably right about that. Was just hoping that I was not the only one here on MX, witch i personally don't think, coz most of my racingmate here at home and my kids and grandkids agree and would highly apreciate a change in this....

Space: Why the hell (to use ur own words) do we have a very much alive modding comunity then? And people even pay Planets for using a mod on the track they build ???? Default mod most comfortable for u, does not means it is that for the rest of us.... Some words; Personal taste, individuality, freedom to chose after ones own liking, a.s.o..... And how the hell can u tell I'm the only one? Did u ask everyone around ?????
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem