Am I the only one ?
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

As a track builder, I expect people to play my tracks with the textures and lighting I designed them with. If you were to change the default textures of the game and then played one of my tracks... then you'd violating the vision I had for my track.

This is true whether I use a texture mod on my track or choose to use the default textures. Either way, I've designed my track with those textures in mind. I expect people to see my track the same as what I saw when I was building it. Otherwise, they can't be objective about it, and any feedback they may be inclined to give will be tainted.
Site Leader

A big YES to this eyebo ! That's something that gives 100% sense to me and something I support 100% ! But the problem is, when I download a track from here to race, it will all be by default mod, coz in daytime, the internet connection I have is so slow that I can hardly download tracks to race ! Its like 10-50 kbps sometimes, so when I finaly can race the track, by usually the size of about 400 kb, then how can I wait for a mod on about 3-500 mb to be downloaded before I start the race ???? So, I cancel the downloads and start the race in default mod... Then, here is the thing about it all: If u tell in the presentation of ur track what mod u have, then I can download this mod (or any or all available mod) at night, when the speed is much better, then choose this mod when i open ur track to rasce it... Does this make any sense to u eyebo? My point is, it should be an option in the game to choose mods.... if not, it does not gives the vision the builders have for the track any chance... for us, that happens not to have a fast enough internet connection to wait for the mod to be downloaded....
This apply to tracks where a mod is included only, and not "ordinary" tracks with no mods included. When this is the case, I would prefere to race it in my favorite mod, with my favorite signs a.s.o.... .and NOT the default mod, which, in my opinion and taste, sucks......(NOT the canyon itself, which is nice, but those other items, used as decoration or scenery, like rusty silos, ugly cemented walls, (I hate unpainted cemented walls ! ! ! ! , coz im a painter by "profession" , and use to paint walls for a living.....) trees and plants, a.s.o....) I just want and wish that I could race all the tracks in one of the beautiful mods created by one of those creative designers... thats all... hope this will clarify what i mean a little....
Moped Racer

its one word ! copyright !

if you where to buy a painting, does this become yours ? yes and no ! end of the day you have brought
his work, ok its your pic now but you do not own the copyright ! to do anythings to it, as its still belongs to the painter
of whats in the painting

thats why we have it copyright, everything you see, from here to anywhere in the world as a copyright !
all my work as copyright on it...you can buy it from me and i let you use it, but sorry its not your work
so you can not say it is, by adding something to it...

LONG LIVE COPYRIGHT =p
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Nesrally says:
A big YES to this eyebo ! That's something that gives 100% sense to me and something I support 100% ! But the problem is, when I download a track from here to race, it will all be by default mod, coz in daytime, the internet connection I have is so slow that I can hardly download tracks to race ! Its like 10-50 kbps sometimes, so when I finaly can race the track, by usually the size of about 400 kb, then how can I wait for a mod on about 3-500 mb to be downloaded before I start the race ???? So, I cancel the downloads and start the race in default mod... Then, here is the thing about it all: If u tell in the presentation of ur track what mod u have, then I can download this mod (or any or all available mod) at night, when the speed is much better, then choose this mod when i open ur track to rasce it... Does this make any sense to u eyebo? My point is, it should be an option in the game to choose mods.... if not, it does not gives the vision the builders have for the track any chance... for us, that happens not to have a fast enough internet connection to wait for the mod to be downloaded....
This apply to tracks where a mod is included only, and not "ordinary" tracks with no mods included. When this is the case, I would prefere to race it in my favorite mod, with my favorite signs a.s.o.... .and NOT the default mod, which, in my opinion and taste, sucks......(NOT the canyon itself, which is nice, but those other items, used as decoration or scenery, like rusty silos, ugly cemented walls, (I hate unpainted cemented walls ! ! ! ! , coz im a painter by "profession" , and use to paint walls for a living.....) trees and plants, a.s.o....) I just want and wish that I could race all the tracks in one of the beautiful mods created by one of those creative designers... thats all... hope this will clarify what i mean a little....

Right so the problem really is your PC Network lol after reading this above, yes it would be nice, to change things around, like a edit mode on upload, once you have downloaded all mods to your pc, i can see what you mean
but sadly thats not in this game
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Wrait: In my opinion u r just partly right. Copyright does not mean that the painter is the owner of that particular painting, only his work and his name, so that I cannot sell it and claim it is my work. But as the owner of that particular painting, I can do whatever I want to do with it, change it or whatever, as long as it stays in my hands. No one can ever deny me that right. Copyright is there to protect peoples work, so they are not loosing they're incomes from it or others will not earn from sale on they're behalf from it.

But when it comes to TM2 and copyright, Nadeo OPEN UP for anyone to change the way it looks, by adding the downloads option for others mod. That's why, imo, it should be an option also to select mod when open a track, OR delete the Digital Signature in the zip folders containing the default mod, so the buyers have this freedom also for them self to change the look of the blocks, when mod is not included in the track. It will definitely not harm anyone, or give anyone any advantage over others, like some mention here could be the reason for this limitation. Just give racers a more pleasant feeling when race a track... like for me this morning, when i after being able to download separetedly the White City mod last night, and put it in the right folder, and then race ur white City track again this morning, it was like: WOW WOW WOW, this is SOOOOOO nice...... It made a HUGE difference to my racing experience with TM2....

But tnx for being the first to support my opinion about it anyway ! Can we make Nadeo to let it be changed??? I think so, if enough drivers voice their wish for it ! Coz its not necessarily about changing the code or something in the game. Its just to delete this Digital Signature reader in the game, and then VOILA ! everyone will be more happy and have more freedom.....
Moped Racer

like i said in a pm, try downloading the mods first from maniapark ;) before getting the tracks :)
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Done...Works..Tnx....
Moped Racer
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem