Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  The use of "Space" as brake.... 
The use of "Space" as brake....
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
The use of "Space" as brake....  
Recently, I discover the reason that I have, from the very start as a driver in TM2, some problems to do a proper drift in some left curves without having to release the gas... I was thinking it was just me for a while, but more and more, when I drove different tracks, I could observe also some of my opponents doing this "release" of the gas when braking to do the drift, and by doing so, loosing a little time. Other times, I observed that my opponent did not have to do it, and I was kind of thinking; wtf, what is his secret????? Until yesterday when I was reading in a forum about a guy having the same problem as me, and got the advice to change his "Braking key" from the space key to the default left Ctrl key... After doing that, it all works like a dream when it comes to drifting.... Its only the left curves that does not respond to the space key as a brake, so it is a little confusing..... So, as if now, if u was wondering, as me, u don't have to wonder anymore.......Just change ur setting for the brake......
Moped Racer

Yes, I figured this out pretty early on. However, I find it more comfortable to set me gas to "a" and then the brake to "z". It's how the controls are in Burnout: Paradise City and that is where i first learned to drift. ;) "Space" is fine though also, whatever works best for you. :cool:
Beetle Racer

yeah, Space is fine ^^
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
yeah, Space is fine ^^

Yeah, that's what I thought at first too when I saw it. :p Every time he wants to brake, he grabs your face and slams it into his keyboard. =p
Beetle Racer

Yeah, but I thought, in space, the only works as a brake is rockets ! :-w :-w :-w :-w :-w
Moped Racer

I was told many years ago to assign a secondary key for brake... for drifting in stadium.

The key I chose was "z". And it made a world of difference.

I still use the down arrow for normal braking and for reversing. But any time I'm using it to initiate a drift, I use "z".

Obviously everyone develops their own style and uses whatever keys or control devices work best for them.

I guess the best advice is to try different arrangements until you find something that works for you.
Site Leader

Since ten(?) years of playing TM I always played with KB. I thought it would never change, because I really hate playing with pad (obvious because I can't handle it properly; I'm more the Competition Pro guy). In TM2 I changed to pad. I'm still struggling to drive a straight line, but it increases the fun so much and the handling feels much more natural. I also found it easier (to my own surprise). I really recommend to give the pad at least a try. Would be the perfect time with a "new" game...

Hans
:d
Beetle Racer

Yeah, I read several statement about being a better driver after some time with practicing with a pad. So maybe I`ll give that a try... Some recommendations about brand? :$
Moped Racer

logitech (just not f310 or f510, they have terrible deadzone)? rumblepad 2 is awesome, sadly it's not produced any more...
Zimmer Racer

Just recently I got a Logitech F310 and it is awesome. Best gamepad i've used to date. The really expensive gamepads doesn't mean they are the best and will make you drive better, it's all about how you use it. I picked it up for $25 (16 Pounds) and it's awesome.

But a GamePad is definetly worth a try, Ive tried keyboard several times and it feels dull and boring. I've also felt that I had more control and could feel more of the car around the corners with the sensitive steering instead of bashing the keys a million times. I'd give it a try and see if you like it :)
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem