Location: Home  Community Forums  General  eyebos low-fat track cafe 
eyebos low-fat track cafe
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
eyebos low-fat track cafe  
After a year of mostly playing offline, I've decided to start my own server again.

The server started 3 days ago.
And so far I've hand picked and added about 100 tracks.

The majority are tech or speedtech, but there's also a few fullspeed maps from the likes of smok3y and hong.

Currently the server is played in Time Attack mode with a 6 minute timelimit. Maps are mostly around 45 seconds each. A few are over a minute long, and there is one or two around 30 seconds. But yeah, mostly around 45 seconds.

I'll be adding new maps all the time.

I received some very generous donations from Duck, revolS, sho0ta, and s'habba, and so I was able to upgrade the server to be a 20k-70k ladder server. However, it hasn't taken effect yet. Nadeo seems to have removed the ladder settings from the dedicated_cfg file that would allow me to make it a 20k-70k server. If anyone has any idea about this, please let me know.

Also, if you have any map suggestions for the server (even any of your own maps), please send me a PM or post below, and I'll take a look at the map for possible inclusion on the server. Be aware that I have a strict sense for what maps I want on the server.

I'm looking for maps that can be easily run on your first try, but will be satisfying to drive repeatedly to improve your time. It's best if there is a feeling of constant action and a feeling of good flow. This means no long boring straights or jumps that take an inordinate amount of time in the air.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Great server with loads of beautiful maps. If you want to know what canyon is all about, just visit servers like this one!! :award:
Old Age Caravanner

Together with Smurf's server and Mistral World Selection, yours one is on my list of best TM2 servers.
It is full of great maps which are really fun to drive even if you don't know them, so it is a great work, Eyebo.
Very well done :done: :done: :done:
Learner Driver

Thanks for the kind words guys! I highly value your opinions. It reassures me I'm going in the right direction with the map selections. :d

---

An update about the ladder settings: I've decided against setting the server to 20-70K. Many of the players who have visited the server over the past few days are newer players to the game who do not have enough points to play a 20K+ ladder server. I would really like newer players to see what 45 second maps are like. Some have expressed disinterest in short maps and I feel like there should be more servers at the 0-60K range with this style and difficulty of maps.

So... if I can ever get the ladder settings working, I'll set it to 0-60K. The rest of the planets that I was given will be put in the server account.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

I've started adding some server-side music to the server, in case you're tired of hearing the same old default music.
Site Leader

where is the server?
cant find it :(
Beetle Racer

I took it down last night to do windows updates. And I forgot to put it back up. :p Sorry.

It's up again! Thanks for the reminder. :)
Site Leader

The server was updated yesterday to support B3RC1 MP clients.
Site Leader

The server was down for about a week due to some complications, but it is now on dedicated hosting and it should be up all the time.

I will probably migrate from FAST to xaseco2 or manialive or something in the next week or two.
Site Leader

FAST is the best so why to change it? :)
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem