Location: Home  Community Forums  General  A word about Locators + Dropbox Links 
A word about Locators + Dropbox Links
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

png's work in TM? I thought only jpg, bik, and dds worked?
Site Leader

Tuta says:
Dont replace the image. Keep the image and the .loc

If I understand you right?

Ah, I was just worried it would have to be the same procedure like with music. If you don't pick the music as .loc from within the Editor, it won't know to use the loc on any other machine. Also, seems like the Editor can see the music locator, even if the music isn't downloaded, yet.

I just don't want anyone to get an intro with that damn stand-in image and nothing else, hehe...that would suck. I've seen that so many times, too. If someone would be so kind to test it and let me know, that would be cool!

And, yep, pngs work apparently just fine. Much more efficient/compact than dds. (crazy format).
Quad Bike Racer

DDS is a crazy format because it stores much more info than a simple image... ;)
Learner Driver

Oh, I imagine so, which is why it's funny to use it for "images" only. But I suppose it has simply no or only little compression on top of things. Considering that- for all I know- tm2 only uses rgba for custom skinning, dds appears quite redundant.
Quad Bike Racer

It's just that the alpha stored in the DDS format isn't about opacity, like it is on other formats.
Learner Driver

The Alpha is just another channel. It's up to the software that uses the images to determine what it's good for. A pngs alpha works just the same, of course. I'm not sure what other features are all in dds, (mipmapping by the looks of it, for example), but thus far I don't see that we are making use of them for skinning?! Certainly not for images in mt.
Quad Bike Racer

sweet ive been looking for a hotlink host my opendrive doesn't support .zip files came across this and gave it a try and it worked thx eyebo :cool: but I haven't test .bik on opendrive yet all I used so far is mp3,ogg and mux.. jpg files ill test later if not I hope dropbox supports them.....

Sini
Old Age Caravanner

I've updated the tutorial in the first post in this thread since dropbox handles direct links slightly differently than when I wrote the tutorial originally.
Site Leader

Just a heads up. I got this email today from Dropbox.

Subject: Your Public folder will soon become a private folder

Dropbox says:
We’re always looking to improve the Dropbox sharing experience. The Public folder was the first sharing method we introduced, and since then, we’ve built even better ways for you to share securely and work together with your team.

As a result, we’ll soon be ending support for the Public folder. Dropbox Pro users will be able to use the Public folder until September 1, 2017. After that date the files in your Public folder will become private, and links to these files will be deactivated. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

If you’d like to keep sharing files in your Public folder, you can create new shared links. Just make sure to send the new URLs to your collaborators.

In addition to shared links, we have a number of sharing options designed to make collaboration easier and give you more control. To learn more, visit our Help Center.

The Dropbox team
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

eyebo says:
Just a heads up. I got this email today from Dropbox.

Subject: Your Public folder will soon become a private folder

Dropbox says:
We’re always looking to improve the Dropbox sharing experience. The Public folder was the first sharing method we introduced, and since then, we’ve built even better ways for you to share securely and work together with your team.

As a result, we’ll soon be ending support for the Public folder. Dropbox Pro users will be able to use the Public folder until September 1, 2017. After that date the files in your Public folder will become private, and links to these files will be deactivated. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

If you’d like to keep sharing files in your Public folder, you can create new shared links. Just make sure to send the new URLs to your collaborators.

In addition to shared links, we have a number of sharing options designed to make collaboration easier and give you more control. To learn more, visit our Help Center.

The Dropbox team

That is just the most stupid thing i ever saw. Can you tell me the stupid reason to do that. Men those guys are stupid :@ :@ :@ :@
Trying Unique Idea
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem