Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Opinion poll: How to rerelease old tracks from TMN/TMNF 
Opinion poll: How to rerelease old tracks from TMN/TMNF
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
Opinion poll: How to rerelease old tracks from TMN/TMNF  
People now have the opportunity to rerelease their TMN(F) maps for TM2, however, should they update their maps (perhaps, for scruffy MT work, imperfections, bad scenery, mood change, etc) as they like, or leave the maps as people remember them?
Moped Racer

since the driving feels a bit different now sometimes adjustments are necessary I think ;)
Old Age Caravanner

In my re-release map I only changed the MT to make it look more "professional" and fixed the white TM signs.. apart from that nothing, so I guess it's not needed to make too much changes on a track..
Beetle Racer

I just gonna edit some visual stuff I guess. but first will wait for signs-on-blue-platform-borders fix.
Zimmer Racer

People should update their maps to fit the new game, especially considering the new lighting engine. Also, default signs seem to be broken. So those need to be updated on your map.

I'm personally not going to import/release any of my old maps. I want a fresh start.

But it will be fun to play some old maps from other people. ;) Stadium has too much history to just let all those old maps fade away.
Site Leader

I'm updating my maps that are well known or that are classics on Servers: Computing shadows, fixing MediaTracker, changing signs, improving one or other thing.

I'll update only the maps that other people would mind playing and some that are special to me. I don't bother those very short/lol maps. Neither the "elitist" trasitional maps: Even if they've hit the botw in the past, their time is gone. If they don't have something to be remembered, leave them in the past.
Last edited by Mortex -745-,
G-kart Racer

Sure, plenty of good reason to relive old maps, I would perfect to have a thousand of good well used maps, than a hundred of new tracks a day that don't even come close to the quality of the first one's done.
Learner Driver

Personally I think it is boring with releasing updated tracks... Make new ones instead.

Kind of like reruns on tv, not very exciting.
· · · – – – · · ·

I really hope there won't be loads of re-releases on MX. I won't re-release any of my maps here. I will only convert (calculating shadows and minor fixes when requested) some tracks for online racing to get a good starting stock, but I won't upload them on MX.
Moped Racer

RachoVolker says:
I really hope there won't be loads of re-releases on MX. I won't re-release any of my maps here. I will only convert (calculating shadows and minor fixes when requested) some tracks for online racing to get a good starting stock, but I won't upload them on MX.

Completely agree (y)

For online, converting is great :)
· · · – – – · · ·
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem