Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Rant : Stop forcing what you want to see in a track on other... 
Rant : Stop forcing what you want to see in a track on other people. Seriously.
Page: 4 of 6
Locked  0 Observer

tstargermany says:

I promote this idea::
- People can upload as many tracks as they like
- A "make it public" option costs 500 or more planets for the UPLOADER. The more, the better. Only these tracks appear publicly on the site.
- This way, an author will make sure his track is good, because otherwise, his "money" is lost.
- This way, browsing users can be sure they will get some good quality, no matter who the author is

This slick move would boost the overall quality of published and loaded tracks by xxxxx%.

Not a bad idea. We can expand on this idea too, perhaps. The planets given to MX could be used as awards in contests, too.
Learner Driver

tstargermany says:

I promote this idea::
- People can upload as many tracks as they like
- A "make it public" option costs 500 or more planets for the UPLOADER. The more, the better. Only these tracks appear publicly on the site.
- This way, an author will make sure his track is good, because otherwise, his "money" is lost.
- This way, browsing users can be sure they will get some good quality, no matter who the author is

This slick move would boost the overall quality of published and loaded tracks by xxxxx%.

Nice idea.
I see no reason why not.
Segmentation fault

[hidden hint]the first question should be: "for what do you get planets?" ;) [/hidden hint]
G-kart Racer

this whole discussion has gone a bit too far. :|

We're all taking TMX and MX a little bit too seriously right now. It's just supposed to be a place where users can go and look at each other's tracks, AND SOMETIMES, good tracks will go under the radar because the authors are unknown. I don't like that, and nobody should, but TMX isn't the only place where that happens!

There are some great, unknown artists in the music industry that don't get a lot of credit for their work, simply because nobody has heard of them.
In Hollywood, and the rest of the film-making world, there are thousands of movies that don't even get into your local theater.

My point is, no matter what we try to do this sort of thing is naturally going to happen. If we make people pay to upload tracks, the same thing will start to happen, but we will have less tracks to play. Nobody wins >.>

And if this underrated author has some motivation, he CAN get himself known - for example,in the Your Tracks thread, and on play-pal Online, maybe with the Big Brother/Little Brother project, or play-pal Online, and have I mentioned play-pal online?
Last edited by Jet777,
Moped Racer

Jet777 says:

And if this underrated author has some motivation, he CAN get himself known - for example,in the Your Tracks thread, and on play-pal Online, maybe with the Big Brother/Little Brother project, or play-pal Online, and have I mentioned play-pal online?

Indeed PPO. Still think that's the best way.

But according do Forza's reaction on my offer to help out developing PPO it'll probably take looooooooooong till it comes. No need to go into details.
Segmentation fault

Markus... says:
[hidden hint]the first question should be: "for what do you get planets?" ;) [/hidden hint]

Every 1000 ladder points gives you 100 planets. It's also safe to assume that uploading replays in single player will give you planets, not to mention the daily login bonus is probably coming back as well.
Learner Driver

Tstar, did you ever consider that "good" is completely in the eye of the beholder?
G-kart Racer

Jet777 says:
this whole discussion has gone a bit too far. :|

Simply. This topic is a repetition of something we already discussed about 100 times. We told sooo many times ot the "underraetd" author the way to be known. We told sooo many times that, as have just said tmjonas above, good or bad map are only in the opinion of the beholder.

So, why talking' about that again? That's simply spamming the MX forum. :p
Moped Racer

TGYoshi says:
But according do Forza's reaction on my offer to help out developing PPO it'll probably take looooooooooong till it comes. No need to go into details.

:(
Moped Racer

A good track is a track where the placement of every single block is well founded, where nothing can be changed any more without worsening something else.

Of course, the pf start in ID's map (which I haven't played yet since the game doesn't work as it's supposed to) could be made shorter. But he has decided to keep it that long. Because in his opinion, it would be worse otherwise.

So, why should anyone say 'the start is too long'? That's no feedback; it's an opinion.
In a good track, there is nothing to criticize. It's pointless to say you don't like something in a track if the author has clearly built it on purpose.

Accept tracks the way they are. Don't act as if you are the one who knows how to make it better.
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 4 of 6 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem