Location: Home  Community Forums  General  connect old and new tmx 
connect old and new tmx
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

not necessary. different games - different sites.
Zimmer Racer

I'm an advocate of the clean slate approach, so I like the fact that things are separated.
Sports Saloon Racer

i personally like the idea
but i also like like it is atm
i know that it are seperated games and so they should have different tracksharepages
but it would be nice if you had a link on the mx-portal to the tm1-xs like you have one on the tm1-x portal
also linking the accounts would be great
so it would be much easyer to find an author(who for example changed his name) or to switch between the accountpages of one athor
Beetle Racer

If everyone posted here it would help too:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/1408?postid=19103
Site Leader

as i also mentioned in this topic: http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/1941

on every new game, mx created a new forum instead of a subforum. Once you're bound to a forum you don't talk a lot about actual ingame content, most talk is done in the offtopic/general subforums. So joining a new forum means either leaving those newly made buddies talk in mid air or have 14 different bookmarks for tmx/mx sites.

in other terms: tmx is killing its own community by splitting us up.
(the fact this topic hasn't gone off the radar while the last post prior to my comment was on april 11th says it all)

Easiest way is to disable posting to forums of older games but keep the rest of the site working.
That way you encourage people to move to the new site and keep the community in tact while still have a great source of info and a place to share files on the older MX.
Last edited by BLiNNeMaNS,
loves Foolspeed

It's great you care about the community (y), but I'm not sure you've thought through your suggestion thoroughly.

I don't think disabling the old forums is a good idea. The forums are still needed for community projects, including the MTC, that are still ongoing and are specific to each game. Closing the old forums would effectively kill off those communities. A lot of TMUF players are not going to move to ManiaPlanet, or they would have done it already. The TMNF players may still make the switch. TM2S isn't even out of beta, so I think it's too early to say what will happen there.

The drop in activity on the forums is complex, and there are nearly as many reasons for it as there are players. The best we can do is to individually support community projects (either by participating or starting them) and to encourage users to use the forum by directing them here when they have questions, etc.

BLiNNeMaNS says:
on every new game, mx created a new forum instead of a subforum. Once you're bound to a forum you don't talk a lot about actual ingame content, most talk is done in the offtopic/general subforums.

I see what you're talking about here. I've seen sites for games that separate their forums into subforums for each game.

That could have been an interesting way to do it if the sites had originally been designed that way. But who knew TM would eventually have so many versions?

I disagree that most talk is done in the offtopic forums. The other parts of the forum is where I've always spent most of my time, and it's always been very active in the past. Of course, I'm pretty sure that you're talking about TMN and TMNF TMX when you think of the old sites, and I'm thinking of TMUF TMX. So our experiences are even separated by what games we played.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem