Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MX Sharing is caring - Info, Q&A, Discussion 
MX Sharing is caring - Info, Q&A, Discussion
Page: 4 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer

Ozon says:
.avi is just a container. You can render h264 into avi and have great compression. The .avi files from Maniaplanet are so big, because you are using a lossless codec, meaning, that the quality is untouched. You could use the x264 codec for the export too, even WEBM directly into avi

Yeah, I oversimplified that a bit - I know, that AVI is just a container format and that what matters is the codec, but I didn't know, that you could squeeze every format into it. But then again, I'm pretty sure that the spec does not allow this and that it is one of those cases where you can theoretically do it because developers have to account for every bullsh*t people could come up with when it comes to video files anyways :p
Last edited by Solux,
Buffer Overflow

I found a way to have a better quality with Sony Vegas by changing some settings. And it works on an .avi
It's not the best, but it is sure better than the one I used for my video.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet, is why the engine sound is starting before the video. :@ (If I use music instead, it work perfectly fine).
Last edited by StereoGang,
Old Age Caravanner

StereoGang says:
I found a way to have a better quality with Sony Vegas by changing some settings. And it works on an .avi
It's not the best, but it is sure better than the one I used for my video.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet, is why the engine sound is starting before the video. :@ (If I use music instead, it work perfectly fine).

That's a bug with the maniaplanet renderer. I've had that thousands of times and it's really annoying.
To fix it simply drag the video in vegas and look for a spot in the video where you make a noise (crashing wall, landing) to time the audio track just right and you're good to go.
Learner Driver

1. Can you make templates that work with GIMP? :)
2. What's your opinion on changing the mood (e.g. from day to sunset) of the featured maps?
Last edited by Voyager006,
Moped Racer

Voyager006 says:
1. Can you make templates that work with GIMP? :)
2. What's your opinion on changing the mood of the featured maps?

1. I don't, but either I or someone else with more time can do the templates for you if you provide me/him with the info and colors (make screenshots of the skin(s))
2. No rule for that written, so go ahead :) You can change the mood to whatever you want.
site development, media
Developer

So my SiC track got 0 awards and 100 downloads from 100 unregistered users :/
something tells me it didn't work :|
Learner Driver

Just released the 10th video of the SiC series.

As you can see, I've been working on new overlays. Additionally, I changed things like:

- Easier to edit overlays
- Finally GIMP compatible (edited it in GIMP additionally)
- More freedom for editors to season their video (can now add 1 camera inside the run)
- Every 5th video from now on gets the privilege to present up to 10 maps and up to 2 own maps.
- I've changed the Showcase from being all maps in the video to only your own. The maplinks will of course still be in the video description.
- Reworked the Guideline sheet
- How to edit a SiC video for beginners - video tutorial (will come next week)

and some little things more.
I hope I can update templates and info until tomorrow!
site development, media
Developer

Update now live on page one!
site development, media
Developer

Just to clarify something : the settings from me that Ozon quotes in the .pdf are not the ones I used to made my video (#2). They make a much better quality, but I discovered them after submitting my video. :p
Old Age Caravanner

StereoGang says:
Just to clarify something : the settings from me that Ozon quotes in the .pdf are not the ones I used to made my video (#2). They make a much better quality, but I discovered them after submitting my video. :p

will clear that up very soon! Thanks :)
site development, media
Developer
Page: 4 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem