Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  MX Community Project! 
MX Community Project!
Page: 22 of 24
Post Reply  0 Observer

Do you have to airbrake ?

Also, i hate that small platform ramp - uphill platform road transition...
But the part is pretty fun ;)
Beetle Racer

I don't think so. I can always remove that transition and just make it bump into the concrete.
The little ramp will stay there tho, my personal touch 8-|
The Green Dude

I think none of your transitions works well :s

The first jump has to go... "going left" doesn't help, I still have too much speed and it's a major flow-breaker. Second jump... it's lucky. Sometimes the car twists to a position that makes it hit the platform. And yes, I did have roughly the same amount of speed every time I drove it. And yes, I did get past it many times, too. But it's just too random for me.

The diagonal drop from the platform to GP doesn't work because of Canyon's physics. The car twists in the air which makes it uncomfortable to drive (for me) and it's really easy to mess up, too. You could make the drop a bit smaller for instance, right now it's pretty massive (which doesn't help).

The final turn might be a bit too tight, which also affects the last drop (which is also a bit blind). So I hope you could fix at least some of these things...

EDIT: Alright, last drop and curve can stay. Third drop is a minor problem, can stay as well. But the GP-> platform jump at the beginning is really annoying. Still don't know about 2nd jump, fixing the first jump might fix it too.
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

I actually don't mind if whoever follows me gets rid of the last drop, I just wanted to continue a bit but I ran out of time.

On updated part news, eliminated the bump and put a little drop onto upper slope end. Also eliminated the boost.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4306325/MX%20Proj.Map.Gbx
The Green Dude

It's better. The jump still seems random, but I don't know... with a little blockmix it'd be easy to fix if we want to do that, but maybe it's fine this way...

Here's my part
Back in action!

The Platform-GP transition could be easier, i think. The rest is ok ;)
Beetle Racer

In my part? I never had problems with it :p I'll see if I can change it somehow...
Back in action!

Also, you can change the S-Bend at 43 seconds to a straight road, because it makes it hard and frustrating.
Oh, and after more practice, than transition is okay :)
Last edited by FT»Mandark,
Beetle Racer

I think you're talking about the last curve of Osaka's part.. it's tight, yes, but I didn't want to touch it... Osaka can change it if he wants (or if most of us think he should).
Back in action!

Oh... it's Osaka's ... But yeah he should fix it.
Beetle Racer
Page: 22 of 24 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem