Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC July 2017: 15 Seconds (results on page 6) 
MTC July 2017: 15 Seconds (results on page 6)
Page: 3 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer

The deadline for map submissions is the end of today PDT = 9:00 Monday CET = 17:00 Monday AEST!
Quad Bike Racer

Linkin|Alex says:
Wisstem says:
Could we play the maps if you don't have the environment ?
Because I don't have Valley and Lagoon so I don't know how I'll judge the maps made on.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to play maps in an environment not owned. For now I don't know of a fair way for someone to judge all the tracks without having all the environments.

Im not sure if its still possible since mp4 update, but before you could play Valley online for free, as long there was less than 100 player online - which was nearly never the case and in Lagoon it will be never the case =p If its still possible, someone could set up a multienvy server with all maps. (Thats how some people played Valley Chase for years without having ever purchased the environment.)
Last edited by Beatinfected,
G-kart Racer

Unfortunately, they changed the demo system so that isn't an option. Now, the only way to try out a title is to play is when it's the featured channel. It's a nice way to show off community content, but it does mean that you need to buy the environments to play on them traditionally.
MTC Host
MTC Host

July Public Voting Link: https://goo.gl/forms/kDPS7SHbLeoL0I3y2

Since there are 36 (!) MTC entries, I simplified the voting sheet so to reduce the overall scrolling needed - Give your score at the start of the feedback (0 to 10, half points are allowed), and then the feedback right after that, for example:

# - feedbackfeedbackfeedback...

The internal voting will follow the format of:
Theme (20p) | Creativity (10p) | Fun (10p) | Detailwork, MT, Scenery (10p)
Possible point deductions can be up to 10p maximum (late submission, rule breaches, block violations, etc.)

• Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map (give your own map a 10).
  • Every map will be judged with marks from 0 (bad) to 10 (gud). All votes 7+ or 4- and lower require constructive feedback on why you gave it that score.
  • Note that you have to judge a stage entirely. You cannot judge only half of it. If you are not able to finish the map, your vote can still count, but please only leave that as a very last resort, and still judge the entire map fairly.
  • You need to verify your vote by making a post here. (for example: "Voted :done:")
  • One best and one worst vote for each map will be ignored if more than 10 people vote.
  • The overall score will be a 50/50 mixture of the average public score and the average internal score.
  • Quad Bike Racer

I believe you mentioned last month the idea of not scoring a map to which we don't on the environment. Would you like us to follow through with that, or just give the map an average score?
    Learner Driver

I think you cannot judge at all if you have no way of testing all of the maps (for which you have to own all environments). And if it was allowed to judge even if you cannot drive all of the maps yourself, giving an average score would be the worst solution to the problem as really bad maps would get better votes than they deserved and good maps would get worse, just because they're built in an environment which is not popular.
    Last edited by Solux,
    Buffer Overflow

I'd like to just quickly remind everyone that if you launch a map via an external file browser, you can view the course's intro since it loads the MP3 interface instead of the MP4 one (this doesn't apply to the TM2 titlepack, as that uses the MP3 interface by default). I haven't played all the maps yet, but there have been a few with nice ones.
    MTC Host
    MTC Host

Solux says:
    I think you cannot judge at all if you have no way of testing all of the maps (for which you have to own all environments). And if it was allowed to judge even if you cannot drive all of the maps yourself, giving an average score would be the worst solution to the problem as really bad maps would get better votes than they deserved and good maps would get worse, just because they're built in an environment which is not popular.

Alright, I will refrain from voting. It disappoints me that I am unable to judge, but I would rather have a fun fair competition for everyone over making the few maps Lagoon maps I'm unable to play be lopsided for my own personal ability to judge.

Good Luck everyone!
    Learner Driver

voted :build:

gl to the participants ;)
    Last edited by Beatinfected,
    G-kart Racer

Voted :done:
    Quad Bike Racer
    Page: 3 of 7 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem