Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC September 2017: Oh 9! (Results on Page4) 
MTC September 2017: Oh 9! (Results on Page4)
Page: 2 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

erm and Checkpoints?

you could build a map without them, giving you 1 more block to use, but could make a track annoying or cutable. so imo this should get a limit such as you did with the start and finish

also: no objects?
yet if I opened a certain amount of normal blocks in the mesh editor but if I do not adjust them but only save them as they are. so i can place them in any direction possible. Is this allowed or are they counted as objects once you save them in mesh editor?
imo: this should be allowed . cause the block isn't altered by any means. only gives the person more freedom to use the block in different situations or gives freedom for more creativity.

Last edited by FT»lolig,
Moped Racer

FT»lolig says:
erm and Checkpoints?

you could build a map without them, giving you 1 more block to use, but could make a track annoying or cutable. so imo this should get a limit such as you did with the start and finish

Checkpoints count towards the block limit.
The reason for this is that allowing unlimited CPs could be easily exploited. The official part of the judging awards a max of 20points for the theme, where exactly decisions like this will weigh in. Cutable tracks definitely won't get high theme points.
Also as further background information. The same theme was run back on TMUF TMX with 7 blocks, no free CPs and no free signs. The tracks were still great. So adding free signs and 2 blocks more this time around is basically freeing up 3 blocks to use on CPs.

The theme is meant to be challenging. Something where you have to change your approach to trackbuilding and kinda plan ahead.

FT»lolig says:

also: no objects?
yet if I opened a certain amount of normal blocks in the mesh editor but if I do not adjust them but only save them as they are. so i can place them in any direction possible. Is this allowed or are they counted as objects once you save them in mesh editor?
imo: this should be allowed . cause the block isn't altered by any means. only gives the person more freedom to use the block in different situations or gives freedom for more creativity.

Yes, no objects and nothing edited in the mesh editor, or anything that needs embedding. Just the plain old editor. Kind of back to the roots. Like I showed in this picture, everything in Editor-Modes F4 and F5 is out of bounds.
Moped Racer

Thanks for posting the theme Racho! Good luck everyone!
Site Leader

Is naming the track "blah (MTC)" absolutely necessary? Also you left in the general rule about putting "mtc" anywhere in the track name.
Quad Bike Racer

As long as it has MTC in the trackname (at the front or at the end preferably) everything is fine.
Moped Racer

yoyo, so I can still submit my "superb"-map until 11:59pm PDT ? :d :build:
Learner Driver

Looks like you got it in in time frizziminator.

Submissions are now closed. Thanks everyone! Public voting will start soon.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

On second thought, and after discussing it with Racho, we'll leave submissions open until tonight at midnight PDT, in case anyone was unable to upload their map during MX's outage last night.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

So now we are not allowed to update our maps ?

So no loop/wallride-cams for my track :$
Learner Driver

oh damn, i completely forgot that the deadline was this weekend, somehow i thought i still have till next weekend :(
well, good luck everyone (y)
G-kart Racer
Page: 2 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem