Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Not that great computer! 
Not that great computer!
Page: 3 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

I have a laptop with "Pentium Dual Core T4200 2.00Ghz, with 4gb(2gigusable) 32bit system and canyon work fine both offline and online. It's not that great computer, but i can play tm :)
Quad Bike Racer

ReviiLo says:
Don't get it why I can play tmnf easylie on high settings but tm2 no more with middle/low settings.

joy..: There isn't much what you can do, clean your hard drive or update your graphic driver..

btw, how to do that?

I'm a real newbie (or noob) about computer settings, and so on. :p

Enai Siaion says:
It seems not all graphics settings work in the beta. There may be hope.

You're right. We simply can't set shadows (for me it's stuck at High, and if I change it, nothing happens. I turn off the game, I go back to teh settings, and "Shadows: High" is still there)! Even when I put "VeryFast" at pre-settings, shadows are still high. :d
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer

Enai Siaion says:
It seems not all graphics settings work in the beta. There may be hope.

Also, overheating will not slow down your pc, it will just cause some hardware to conk out at a random point in time. Happened to me once, with a €400 graphics card (yowww).

Actually, it will but not directly. An overheated system is usually already at its limits, and the heat tends to cause capacitors, resistors, and RS data latches to lose efficiency, causing the system to run slower and also giving off more heat.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

.dejavu says:
I have a notebook, with 1gb of graphic memory, 4gb ram, and i can play tm at almost max settings without problems.
I never understood why people think that notebooks are not for gaming.
Maybe an old notebook isn't the best, but common', where's the difference?
In your case, i will do everything i can, like update drivers (graphic driver especially), then cleaning up as much as possible my pc, and try to play again.
But one thing i noticed, is that when your notebook starts to be old, and you use it a lot, the most of the performance problems, are because of the hardware usage.
So there aren't a lot of solutions....

true, i'm also able to play gta4 on high settings ..so i don't get why it comes to lags on low settings in tm2. (@ daniel: all reflections,shadows and decals are already low)

joy: delete some useless programs and search in the internet for any graphic card/ driver updates ;)
Last edited by ReviiLo,
Quad Bike Racer

hmm, don't really have problems to play TM² on maximum settings and reso 1920*1080, even didn't had to pay 2500£ for it :p paid 850€ for it (including monitor)
okay, it's not that smooth as when I play on lower settings, but it's still playable for sure

@ Joyeux: you can easily see what graphic card you have, thanks to TM :)
start up TM² and you'll get into the laucher. over there, go to configure, than advanced
now, with the first tab selected, you should be able to see what graphic card you have in the top right corner
have a look and let us know
You just lost the game ...

TM2 doesn't work bad on my PC, despite the fact that is quite old technology - Pentium Dual CPU (not Core2Duo, i series or something like that; at socket 775) 2 gHz, 2GB RAM DDR2 (667 mHz), Radeon HD4850 (512 MB; graphics are much better than the rest of hardware), and I have around 10-13 (night maps) to 18-20 FPS (day maps) on highest settings.

I'm playing on custom configuration, that can be compared to medium presets, and I have 30-40 FPS.
G-kart Racer

Thanks petey. =)

So, I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series 512 Mo.

Btw, what are exactly Fps? Which value is a good one, and which one is bad? Where can I see Fps's? :p
Moped Racer

fps means frames per second in our case
however, you may know that it also means first person shooter in another context ;)
but well, for the frames per second, the higher it is, the better ;)
to know how much you have, go search for the program 'fraps' on google
install the program and each time you play a game, launch Fraps
it'll indicate how much your fps is in the game
if it is too low, you might wanna lower your settings ;)

for example:
- if I set everything on maximum settings and a resolution from 1920*1080, I only get 7-9 fps in TM²
- however, when I take the preset 'very fast' and a resolution from 1280*720, I get an average from about 75 fps in TM²

that means that I do play on the very fast preset to avoid any lags ;)
for screens I get all on maximum and my highest resolution to get nice quality :)
You just lost the game ...

The easier way to check FPS is pressing " - " on keyboard when racing. A little information will appear in top-left corner.

Also admit that when having more FPS than your monitor can show (for example, 60Hz of refresh rate is the same thing as 60FPS), all of the frames that won't be showed are only increasing the temperature of graphics card. Be sure to enable Vsync, if you don't want to change graphic settings.
G-kart Racer

.dejavu says:
I have a notebook, with 1gb of graphic memory, 4gb ram, and i can play tm at almost max settings without problems.
I never understood why people think that notebooks are not for gaming.
Maybe an old notebook isn't the best, but common', where's the difference?
In your case, i will do everything i can, like update drivers (graphic driver especially), then cleaning up as much as possible my pc, and try to play again.
But one thing i noticed, is that when your notebook starts to be old, and you use it a lot, the most of the performance problems, are because of the hardware usage.
So there aren't a lot of solutions....

How to clean my PC as much as possible? :d

btw: with lowest settings, I have 30fps. Good?
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer
Page: 3 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem