Location: Home  Community Forums  General  The screenshot must show the track 
The screenshot must show the track
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
The screenshot must show the track  
We had this rule on tmx, and co'z there's no second screen it's impossible to get a view of the actual track..

btw: I'd like to have this 'second screen' option here too :)
Old Age Caravanner

+1
G-kart Racer

Let the author decide whether or not s/he want to give a glimpse of the track through a screenshot, or of s/he rather wants to have a cool picture, that might not show a picture of the track, but still be related.

Example: Calling a track "The moon", and a picture of the moon might be appropriate.
G-kart Racer

yea but the point is that I wanna see the track I'm downloading.
Old Age Caravanner

+1 on additional screenshots, -1 on the rule. Some tracks are hard to fit in one screenshot, while others are entirely enclosed, and in addition not everyone wants to be forced to have a wide-view screenshot and would prefer to have one at track level (like F-Zero), showing a signature portion of the track (like the 3D Mario Kart games), or something related but not on the track (Crusin' series).
Rise from the ashes!

eie says:
Example: Calling a track "The moon", and a picture of the moon might be appropriate.

Why would I download a track I have no idea about? Is this a track with a huge jump, a track with a moon mod, a track with MT, or just a speedtech with a neat name?

But hell it's your track, and it's my choice to download only tracks with sensible screenshots...
Moped Racer

Enai Siaion says:
But hell it's your track, and it's my choice to download only tracks with sensible screenshots...

Exactly.
It's the author's choice whether or not s/he want to make a screenshot of a track or something unrelated.
It's the people's choice whether or not they want to download a track with a screenshot of the track or if they don't care.
It's the author's fault if they get fewer download because of their screenshot.
It's the people's fault if they miss a cool track because of a screenshot.

But goddammit, why make a stupid rule just because people can't make their own choices, whether that's good or bad idea...
G-kart Racer

Can't seem to see it mentioned here, but anyway ...

This rule does not apply any more. The screenshot must represent the track. MrA said this somewhere. (y)

... says:

This is an acceptable example. Don't try push your luck if your track is a penis and you upload a screenshot of one; this is not acceptable. :p
Deep fried

lol@last example :d but actually I don't really care :p
Zimmer Racer

i agree with this, it should be about track quality and not corny screenshots.
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem