Location: Home  Community Forums  General  The Big RPG track thread! Get the scene started. 
The Big RPG track thread! Get the scene started.
Page: 3 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

Windows 3.1:
Actually, you said something to the effect of "this track is way too hard and completely luck based, I'm disappointed, poor design".

This killed the track (0 downloads afterwards) and I know you're not an RPG player so of course it is hard. This is like a transitional tech player going to the track page of Dutch Delight one minute after upload and posting that the track is boring and requires no skill. I bet Ganjarider would totally eat his keyboard.

Now had you actually asked about that part I could have told you what to do. There are three sets of 3 jumps in the track:
[Screenshot]

• The first image is the one that is actually in the first section of the track as you mentioned. It is a straight line PF, the only thing is that you may have to back off a little if you have to respawn at the checkpoint otherwise there is a 50% chance you won't make the first jump.

• The second image is actually in the second section of the track. It is easy once you figure out that you don't have to take all three jumps in one go but you can stop and aim properly.

• The third image is also in the second section of the track. This is a puzzle: you have to pick up speed by driving along the bottom of each of these banked blocks and turn upwards at the end to jump to the next. This isn't obvious, but it isn't luck based either, and when faced with something like this an RPG player uses the free roam cam to scope out the situation and then figure out a solution.

Hope this helped. :) I think the confusion stems from my various "story tracks" in TMNF that were much easier than the typical RPG.

Anyway, edited the post, you can do the same if you want. :)
Moped Racer

I actually ended up snipping my post.

Actually, the part I had trouble with is the three jumps right after the first pipe. I guess I did exaggerate (rage sometimes overtakes me) about it being too hard (and I especially did exaggerate about luck), but being a casual RPG player (I do play on RPG tracks from time to time, but I'm nowhere near making perfect runs - even my most recent RPG track's [not posted yet - I'm crossing some t's and dotting some i's] validation run has a few respawns in it.) I've seen a lot of different RPG tracks. Yours is the hardest I've raced on yet.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

Nullifier by Enai Siaion ( - Default quality - 360p SD - 480p HQ - 720p HD - 1080p HD - )

Nullifier by Enai Siaion ( - Default quality - 360p SD - 480p HQ - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE2KQ7_UBOI&fmt=22"]720p HD[/url] - 1080p HD - )

I think providing a video for this astonishing RPG track is the least I can do. In the hope that it might convince some members of the RPG community that Canyon is not that bad for RPG tracks after all :)
G-kart Racer

I still believe RPG has a fair chance in Canyon, just that people have to understand that it's not going to be like Stadium. There are more limits in Canyon to what is possible, physics-wise, but there's more block-wise. And I think I've sorted out most of the limitations, and I am soon going to release my first attempt at Canyon. It is of course going to be an awful example, because I think we've still to see someone manage to make a proper RPG challenge in Canyon. I haven't lost all hope yet though!
G-kart Racer

has anyone experimented with a two player split screen co-op RPG track yet? I had the idea a while ago and i have been experimenting on it for a while. any thoughts on this?
Beetle Racer

The thought has struck me as well, and it sure has great potential. Although I'm too lazy to find ways of utilizing it. This is when I wish they'd have Maniascript available for MT, or at least for the conditions. It would make triggering far more plain.

If you want to explore the idea further, I'd like to recommend you to have a look at Portal 2's cooperation mode. In there you should be able to gather all sorts of inspiration for tricky two-player situations.
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

It would be hard since you can't interact with the environment. But if it was possible to make it so that when player 1 trigger a block, it would allow player 2 to go through a block, or something similar. The problem would be that there would be required a third way to finish the track, since you wouldn't be able to validate such a track in solo mode. And of course it's especially hard since both players would have to go through the same checkpoints. So the gameplay and building of tracks would have to be significantly improved for this to be any good. That said, it sounds like a good idea, and I'll see if I can implement something similar in a track, a multi-way track maybe ^^
G-kart Racer

sounds impossible to have 2 player in co-ops becouse you must trigger the trigger to turn it on/off for you, or am i wrong ?

btw: cant someone do a easy rpg with signs for beginner to intreduse them to rpg in a kind way^^
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

directional signs you mean? :p

Nullifier had a ton of signs used for decoration. ;)
Site Leader

you could toy around with the visual part, drop player 2 in spec mode, make player 2 the passenger and have a different view (which is controlled by player 2)

That way there's a whole area of MT stuff you can implement. (player 2 can have nightvision, solve mt puzzles for clues , read a map etc. )
Last edited by BLiNNeMaNS,
loves Foolspeed
Page: 3 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem