Variety
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

TM² will become dead.
Zimmer Racer

Well... I'd rather look at ManiaPlanet than TM2. If SM and QM stand strong and succeed, TM2 will "live" as well. Personally, I can see myself playing Canyon still after a year or two, as long as great maps and new ideas come :)
Back in action!

hitchy says:
Maybe it won't survive 2years, but it might until the next envi ..

...which will sell even worse.
60K copies is bad for a game.
Moped Racer

How do you know how many copies have sold?

If you're going on multiplayer rankings, that's inaccurate, as not everyone plays online.

Back when the ladder had 47k people on it, Cerovan replied on the forum and assured me there were more than 47k that had bought the game. How much more, I don't know. But the ladder ranking can't be used to say how many have bought the game. That much I know.

--

I'm not really sure the sales are less than Nadeo expected for a first title. The release has been somewhat low key. I think as the platform matures they might be a little heavier on the advertising. Word of mouth will help sell the titles as well.

I suppose for now it's best to stay relatively small. This is a long project over many titles. They got Ubisoft backing them. They're not going to go broke while finishing ManiaPlanet.

I think we have to stop looking at Canyon as a one time thing. It's just the start of something bigger.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

eyebo says:
I think we have to stop looking at Canyon as a one time thing. It's just the start of something bigger.

This.

Not only do we have other TM2 environments coming, but there are SM and QM that are yet to be released. Games from other genres will bring in new sales by exposing people who have only heard of one game to all three until the ManiaPlanet umbrella.
Sports Saloon Racer

yeah plus why are we worried about the days when TM will be dead and this forum will be empty. those days are a long, long, long way off and in the meantime we should just kick back, relax, and enjoy the community.
Beetle Racer
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem