Ads are comming
Page: 4 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer

FF maintained and updated TMX; he is not responsible for its creation.

As said before, he's building a whole new system from the ground up; I don't think even the smallest amount of copy-pasting would be worth it.
Sports Saloon Racer

my say on this topic, give the guys behind mx crew, time Rome was not built in a day !, web sites building are a real pain,
so people are fixing bugs and the site is still growing there is only 24hrs in a day ! over time the crew will have the site right...just look at TMX a site we have come to love so much, i am guessing over sometime MX will be just as good
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

hmm maybe you should try to sell shares in MX like facebook is doing... :p
Beetle Racer

I understand that your suggestion is not meant to be taken seriously, but it's worth mentioning that public companies sell shares. Consequently, shareholders see their share of the profits. As a non-profit (any money that comes in goes toward server payments, I assume), there are no profits, which means no incentive for shareholders.
Sports Saloon Racer

well I was under the impression that the best reason to have shares was to buy low and then sell high. therefor making your own profit, but not taking any money from the company.
Beetle Racer

That's true, but share prices are not set by the shareholders. The price rises and falls, as the decided overall worth of a company rises and falls. This organization has no overall worth because there are no assets, just rented server space and volunteers. I can explain more to you about how things like this work, but I don't want to drive this thread further offtopic. pm me or something (y)
Sports Saloon Racer

Enai Siaion says:
Banjee says:
well I was under the impression that the best reason to have shares was to buy low and then sell high. therefor making your own profit, but not taking any money from the company.

Yep, but at the cost of some sucker who accidentally sold low and bought high. On paper you can make money whether the stock market rises or falls depending on the order in which you do things, because you're taking this money from someone else. Companies themselves don't want to sell shares when the stock market is doing poorly or they will get pennies for them.

Even if MX were a company, this would be a bad time to go public because there's a recession and stuff.
Moped Racer

ok, well it wasnt the best idea but at least im trying. Maybe you can prove to UbiSoft that somehow you are selling more copies of TM2 for them?
Beetle Racer

Banjee says:
Maybe you can prove

We can't. :p
Back in action!

maybe Ubisoft will give you money just because you guys are so cool? :cool:
Beetle Racer
Page: 4 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem