Karma & Awards
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

The game sold poorly and the handling is divisive for stadium players, so it is no surprise that the community is tiny. :(
Moped Racer

If you to TMNFX now, you'll see they're still whining about how bad TM2 is ...

Sports Saloon Racer

it's not bad, it's just less attractive than TMF, and also it gets boring faster...
Zimmer Racer

I think this is going a bit offtopic...
Anyway I supose there's others environments coming, and this maybe will bring us more players...
Quad Bike Racer

To my eyes...
canyon is a really good game, really well built and structured.
But there's something missing.. I don't know what exatelly, but this new game needs a special touch like tmnf had.

In tmnf, the gameplay was focused on pure and only PURE skills..
In canyon, im experimenting a lot of facts.. i just want to say one in particular:

-It's really hard to be "regular" and "stable".. In fact, you can't drive 3 times consecutively the same map without crashing, because there's a lot of "luck" determined by the car physixs! Sometimes the car on the same turn, at the same speed, have a different turning ratio, that depends from how your suspensions are placed before the turn. (it's really hard for me explain that in english xD).

In other words, there are too many facts that affect the physix, and this is what make this game boring and not extremely funny as the previous series.
It's too complicated

Then, i don't konw, maybe we expected too much, or maybe we expected something challenging as stadium was.. But nadeo under certain aspects failed with this new game. We can't say the opposite.

I bet, there's no body here (except nadeo-fan-fags), that find this game extremely funy under all the aspects.. It will never be like tmf.

About MX, we maybe expected to be like the old days in tmn? Where the best maps got 500 awards? Impossible, and it will never be again like that (imo).

Last edited by .dejavu,
Moped Racer

oh, another one of these threads. :(
It makes me kind of sad to see everyone talking about how boring Canyon is after just two months. I'm starting to feel like the only person who sees no real problems with tm2. Canyon is as good as any other environment. Call me a nadeo-fan-fag if you want.
I'm hoping it's just because we haven't discovered everything this environment has in store just yet. (Nadeo is going to add some new blocks with the beta release of Shootmania, i hear, so it looks like Canyon isn't even done yet!)
Moped Racer

I like new physics more than stadium physics. This is just a matter of taste.
Problem IMO is the lack of blocks... Stadium has more blocks, wich means far more posibilities

... Anyway, I don't know where's the conection about karma implemented in the site and the quality of TM2 against previous TM.

It will be nice the same to both games, and both sites...
Quad Bike Racer

.dejavu says:

I bet, there's no body here (except nadeo-fan-fags), that find this game extremely funy under all the aspects.. It will never be like tmf.

I'm not a nadeo fan-fag, I got TMO, just finished the campaign. Few years later saw nations. Downloaded it and didn't like much, thought "well it's the free version so what do you expect". Saw united and decided to get it rather than buying sunrise. Played it a bit, finished campaign authors and tried official a bit, didn't play online much though because when I did I found they were all stadium which annoyed me greatly.
I have played Canyon since I got it at all possible opportunities, got a lot of overdue homework, and I can honestly say that I find this game "extremely funy." It will never be like tmf yes, but what's wrong with that?

If you think there's luck in the car "physixs" then you just need to be a better driver. I used to think there was luck in driving stadium too, but you get past that as you get better. Give Canyon a chance.

Now, as that was all very off-topic we shall get back.

As space said it's already been discussed, but anyway...
I think that putting karma on mx is a bad idea as the karma is just how suitable it is for online, and for that specific server. (as already said)
I think that the reason there is less interest in mania exchange is because (as already said) there is less need for good tracks as this game is more about driving and less about tracking. I think that's a lot of people's complaint about the game as well, I don't know many people complaining about the driving, mostly about the editor, lack of blocks etc. deja vu is one of the exceptions obviously. But I believe everyone is forgetting how the start of stadium was for them when judging canyon.

ok, that ended up off-topic as well....... but back on topic

I think there will be many more awards and interest in mania exchange when the replays and playpal are added. I myself are patiently waiting for replays to be added to give me an incentive to drive tracks as I have a leader board to shoot for, which is what I play tm for anyway. I think things will pick up when the exchange is complete, in the meantime you could go around giving feedback to every track in sight and make karma redundant.
Old Age Caravanner

Man im not the worst player out here, i trained a lot and i can say that luck is part of this gameplay.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kapMIJTkpZ0

Btw sorry for the OT and well, this was my opinion, sure some of you might not agree ;)
Moped Racer

The address thingy doesn't work.
I didn't say you were the worst player out there, but everyone can improve... luck implies doing the same thing multiple times but getting different results, which I don't think happens. (this was said by someone in some thread somewhere on mx, credit to whoever that was). Yes I respect your opinion but I guess it annoyed me with the "I bet there's nobody here" bit, as I believe there are quite a few. I'm going to bed now so if you re-fixamarise the link/address thing I might become a believer of luck, we'll see ;)
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem