Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Graphics Cards Discussion! 
Graphics Cards Discussion!
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
Graphics Cards Discussion!  
Hello MX'rs!
i saw this topic about graphics cards by wraith (Graphic cards new and old)
there they only discuss about wraiths graphics cards problems etc.
so i though about making an "official" Graphics Cards Discussion where you can talk about Graphics Cards..
which are good? which are bad? is the quality/price good? etc.

Soo, Lets start Discussing about Graphics Cards now! (Here!)
G-kart Racer

i can start this thread/topic with my thing...
right now im running Tm2 on ATi Radeon X1550 GPU, and it seems like its starting to break down (having weird noises and sometimes fkups tm..), i was looking at some graphics cards.. and then i found:
ATi Radeon HD 5570!
i would like to know on how good graphics i can run tm2 with this graphics cards [and im about to upgrade 512mb RAM to 2gb]?
G-kart Racer

upgrade to nVidia stuff.
They make very powerful stuff
Beetle Racer

i upgrade to a "geforce evga 460 gtx superclocked" 1gb, i was going to get this years model 550ti but after scanning the web ratings they told me the older 460 is much better..for ATI cards i have had a few troubles, so not going there anymore for awhile..
460 Runs very well makes my last card look rubbish which i thought was stunning..all i need now is a 3d Screen as the card runs 3d as well, Connects with 2xDVI and 1 mini HDMI, with special lead included for the mini hdmi
i also run 8 gb ram, but sadly 1 stick gone down so only 6 for now, upgrade again after christmas
Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

well, i've been looking for some low-priced GPUs since im pretty out of money...
but i found for a good price an:
nVidia GeForce GT520
is that any good for tm?

e: found an
nVidia GeForce GT440 for about same price (+15e)
seems like it's better than GT520
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-performance-radeon-geforce,2997-7.html
ATi Radeon VS nVidia GeForce Chart!
Last edited by Heku,
G-kart Racer

Gigabyte GT 520 OC Edition 830MHz 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card £41.98 on ebuyer !

Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Club 3D GT 440 PCIE 1G DDR3 VGA+DVI+HDMI
MultiTronic says:
CLOCK RATE/SPEED (ENGINE) MHz 810 MHz
CLOCK RATE/SPEED (MEMORY) MHz 1.334 GHz

Price: 60,35€
Price VAT 0%: 49,06€
(i can easilly get VAT 0% :d)
G-kart Racer

When it comes to nvidia cards, the first digit is how new the card is, and the second is how powerful the card is compared to the rest of the cards in the series. For example, although a few years old, my 9800 GTX+ is still a pretty good card because as far as the 9 series was concerned, this was one of the most powerful card. When I got it, another generation or two had already passed, so it was about $140. A 520 will be exactly what you pay for, which is not very much. If you're looking for a card that will last you a while before getting obsolete, you will want to look in a price range at least 3 times that. If you can manage the budget, 460 will do quite nicely, but the price runs north of $150.
Sports Saloon Racer

seems like most of nVidia's GPUs needs Intel Pentium 4 CPU, when im having Intel Pentium D on my computer...
im not yet sure, but if Asus HD5670 will fit my computer (and work with IP D) i think i will buy it.. anyone using Asus (ATi) HD5670 GPU?
G-kart Racer

If you're still running a pentium D, then it's time for a whole new machine.
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem