Location: Home  Community Forums  General  New autosave is totally failed 
New autosave is totally failed
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
New autosave is totally failed  
Yeah I'd really like to know is there any way to get good old autosave system back... this is quite hilarious with the one that TM2 has, they have totally f*cked up with it.

Old system:
- saves each pb, so all your pb:s can be found there
- only one replay per track so no too much space taken
- other replays must be saved by yourself
- can be uploaded to tmx

New system:
- saves each replay you finish, so after training some tournaments maps there are dozens of replays
- takes far more space
- not suitable for mx
- if you want to upload the replay to mx, you must save it by yourself

So... I have no replays to upload there now. With old system I always had each pb ready for upload. Only thing I can say is this system totally sucks, there isn't any good sides on it. Why did they do it like this, I can't understand...
Beetle Racer

Actually, it works just like TMF, only better.

You might want to make sure you have optional updates turned on from your player page. It wasn't too long ago that they fixed the autosave feature, and at first I think it was only as an optional update.

In your autosave folder you may find two different kinds of files.

First of all, there should be some formatted like this:
yourlogin_MapName.Replay.gbx
These are your PB replays. As you stated, only one replay (your PB) is saved per track... to save space.
If you want to upload your PB to MX, you need to rename "gbx" to "Gbx".
Hopefully the case sensitivity will be fixed in an upcoming MX update.

The second kind of file you may find will have the formatting:
AutoSave_2011-09-26-06-14-43_Map Name.Replay.Gbx
These files are saved because you've turned on the option:
"Save automatically all replays" from the Profile->Advanced area in-game.
These files contain every run of every player during the match on that map while you were playing it online. These types of replays existed in TMF as well, but only on the server side. You could opt to have the server save them for every match. This was especially nice for competition servers where the replays may need to be reviewed for cheating, etc.
The option to save all replays (all ghosts, every run, every warmup, etc) has now been given to players, not just servers. It's an important feature to have.

But you can safely turn it off and your PB replays will still be saved.

I hope that helps. ;)
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Hmm okay, I once downloaded one update from profile page but if there has been other ones too I have missed them ^^ I really hope that G/g bug will be fixed, in tmx I usually upload my time if I have a clear enough one driven. It's compicated to fix the letter all time ^^

Thx!
Beetle Racer

You don't actually download the update from the player page. Once you turn on this option, then the updates download the next time you start ManiaPlanet. With the option turned on, you'll always get optional updates. Some of those updates later become mandatory when they're seen to not cause problems or have major bugs in themselves.

I don't really think you need the optional update anymore in order for autosaves to work. I think they made that part of the last mandatory update. Still, I think it's nice to have this on so you always get the latest fixes and feature updates.
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem