Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Timing of feature implementation 
Timing of feature implementation
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
Timing of feature implementation  
How about this :

Make a thread with a poll about what features people would like to see implemented next ? So that you know a little bit what features are most important to the community ? Maybe make it so that everybody can vote 2 or 3 things.

My votes would go to

- editing awards
- authors favourites list.

I think a mod should set up the poll, so that he can change the options. Maybe make a thread first where everybody can say what features he is missing, and then set up the poll.
Old Age Caravanner

Second to that !
Plus; make a time schedule for what time the implementation of different features suggested by users, will be implemented or will not be at all.....
Moped Racer

There is already, sort of, a thread for this: link. But you also have to remember that this site was and is still coded but one person, and no matter how much we think of him as super man, stuff is still going to take some time. Be patient, features will come.
Beetle Racer

Banjee says:
Be patient, features will come.

People are going to get sick of hearing this at some point. :p Even though it's true.

The bottom line is that nothing ever comes as fast as we would like. We want ShootMania Storm yesterday and Valley two years ago. We want Mania Exchange to have every feature that TMX had after years of development, but we want it now, just a few months after the launch of this site.

I'm with you though, I feel the frustration that some of these features are missing, most notably the features that would make a huge difference in tracking the authors I want to follow.

The best I can do is to assure you that those features are on the development page of features to be worked on.

I can't tell you the timetable though, or even if there is one. How much Forzyy accomplishes would seem to depend on how much of his free time he's able to allocate to this side project known as Mania Exchange. I know he's committed to making the site the best it can be. But I also think he can't be expected to work on it every free minute he has. At that rate, he'd probably burn out, and then we'd really be stuck. He continues to work on the site though, and features and/or bug fixes are regularly implemented, as you can see from the public changelog.

I think it's phenomenal what he's done so far. There's a lot of background stuff behind how the site works that he's trying to optimize. I think he's trying to do it right... and make it clean. He's a properly trained coder who does things by the book, not patching or taking shortcuts just to get something done.. only to have to come back and bite him in the butt later on. It may not be the fastest way to code, but it's the proper way and it'll make the site more stable for the future, and also make it easier for other coders to join the team at some point and be quickly caught up to speed.

Of more concern to me at this moment is how MX will be adapted for SM Storm and what features or changes in how existing features will be implemented for the new site. The beta is very close, and I guess we'll see at that point what will need to be done.

--

Oh, I guess I should have commented about the poll. I think we could do a poll. But I'm not sure it would change much. MX isn't a democracy. Forzyy will work on the features he wants to implement next, and we're not really in much of a position to compel him to do otherwise. That sounds snotty, but I didn't really mean it to sound that way. :p

I think enough users have made it clear in the forums that PPO, Favorite Users list (and tracks from fav authors), editing awards and comments, full track tags all around the site... those are all really fundamental and useful things that are sorely missed by many users.

Forzyy knows what we want.

Guess what? Now we wait. :'(
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

eyebo (601) says:
MX isn't a democracy.

Incredible quote. So sad but true. =p
Last edited by banjee»UD,
Beetle Racer

eyebo (601) says:
[quote=Banjee]
Of more concern to me at this moment is how MX will be adapted for SM Storm and what features or changes in how existing features will be implemented for the new site. The beta is very close, and I guess we'll see at that point what will need to be done.

I hope that we wont bother with SM, to be honest. That would be a entire new can of worms, and we are not realy finished yet with TM-mx. The community here comes from trackmania. IMO shootmania can build its own community. I have not heared to many TM player interested in SM.
Old Age Caravanner

smigles says:
I have not heared to many TM player interested in SM.

WHAT!?!? Maybe only because you aren't. I, personally, am super excited for Shootmania. There, that's one person. :p
Beetle Racer

Banjee says:
eyebo (601) says:
MX isn't a democracy.

Incredible quote. So sad but true. =p

Makes me just start to consider to look for another racing game with a user community that have another policy..... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Moped Racer

It's doubtful you will find any site or game where users have total say over what gets implemented. At least here, we DO want to implement what you guys are asking for... it's just a matter of resources and time. It will happen.... eventually. :p
Site Leader

eyebo (670) says:
At least here, we DO want to implement what you guys are asking for... it's just a matter of resources and time. It will happen.... eventually. :p

Happy to hear that eyebo ! I know the people behind this site are great guys, and i never ever want to be the guy that do nothing but complain. Coz I really appreciate this site and the guys behind it.... That being said, I also believe in democracy and user community to run gaming sites like this one. We just have to find ways to make every user feel as part of the community and the voice heard and counted on. So it came to my mind last night when thinking about this stuff; Why not make users that are most active and most lover of the game, and willing to pay for a membership in a way, became members that have the right to vote and make they`re voice heard and counted on in the process of decision making ? The membership payment would be going to pay someone to work on implementation of features that the members voted on to be giving priority 1. 2. a.s.o. In that way, it could work as a "u want this or this so hard, well, pay for it" community...... At least, that would feels better than "one man decide it all" kind of community..... :$
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem