PPO Soon?
Page: 3 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer

Absolutly agree with Hans.
..wasn't me

eyebo (777) says:
There's no current plans for Offline PlayPal (or PlayPal Beta Area as you like to say). But you never know what the future holds.
playpal beta, as in karma version. ^^ :d
Yes eyebo i call it playpal beta, becouse you get karma when you submit.

Hans Holo says:
I'm always willing to test beta-tracks if someone asks me about my opinion
What about if all think like you did here.
1 you can ask me, that is nice indeed.
2 but how we know ho to ask. ? There are thousends of user on this page and if we pm more than three its spam.

sure i want some feedback on my tracks in beta, isn´t that ovious and if you are there and try my tracks i really want some feedback and you suppose to leave me something i can work with to improve my track or what are you doing in the beta area if you dont leave feedback. ? :s

Space says:
2. with feedback you mean comments? and who'll check them? moderators?
yes, but no one will check them and no need to as i explained above

Hans Holo says:
Please keep beta-tracks out of the official game-modes.

funny, ofc you don´t get any LB point, if that was what you mean.

btw: Space i do my best to write in english. to me it looks good anyway
i understand all that i write and it´s hard to translate some word in english. and put them in the right order.
I think a american understad everything i write ?
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

well, now that I got it, the idea is not that bad. tho how would you earn karma? by posting comments? so again same question - who will check if the comment was actually a feedback or just spam?
Zimmer Racer

SPIDER (15023) says:

funny, ofc you don´t get any LB point, if that was what you mean.

I think what he ment was karma. Means don't make feedback a competition. It will only lead to spam.
If someone likes to help and give real feedback he will do it without getting paid (karma).
If you give karma for feedback lots of people will just spam, they will write useless comments all over the place just to push their own tracks and get them up in the playpal beta list.

Keep the competition where it should be - finished and complete tracks.

SPIDER (15023) says:
2 but how we know ho to ask. ? There are thousends of user on this page and if we pm more than three its spam.

Yes, if you write lots of pm's to random people it's spam. But you don't care for random people, do you?
Get in touch with people, on the forum, on the track pages, online, etc.
And if you are a loner then just add them to the beta-area/beta-forum and hope for replies.
..wasn't me

SPIDER says:

Yes. (y)

About the issue of whether to combine offline PlayPal and a beta area.... I can see the point Hans made. I kind of forget that a lot of people's betas are very rough drafts. My betas are always nearly finished, as I always build at least some scenery and signage at the same time.

However, a lot of tracks in the beta area on TMX were overlooked and given no feedback. Adding some form of competition on them in the form of replays uploaded... could garner some more feedback from people (since they're trying the track anyway in order to get their own track played/tried).

The issues Hans mentioned could easily be remedied by adding some rules that your beta must have signage and clear wayfind before entering the beta area.

Anyway, there may be other unforeseen issues, but I don't wish to dismiss the whole idea outright. It could be an interesting thing if developed properly.

The main thing to keep in mind is that people want to get their tracks played and want feedback about them. That's really the central issue. The more empowered users are to get their tracks played, the more included they will feel... and it will lead to them staying around the MX community longer. The longer we can get people to stay, the bigger the community will grow, and the more feedback you will be likely to get on your own tracks. Whatever tools and services are developed should be done with that goal in mind, in my opinion.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

you get 1 point in karma for posting a replay. maybe a roof at 10 or lower.

Space says:
well, now that I got it, the idea is not that bad. tho how would you earn karma? by posting comments? so again same question - who will check if the comment was actually a feedback or just spam?
well the feeback is up to you, if you want to leave any,
if not, well, you can take it back quite easy.

SPIDER (15023) says:
You leave feedback instead of a replay if that is possible. ? ofc its possible but how should it work ! any suggestions. ?
thats way i sad this erlier, and i had no idea.
feedback is optional but if 10 try your track iam sure someone leave feed back , if net you cann release your track becouse its perfect. ^^

thx SkunkY: i always thought that spam is when you post to, many people at once,
whether you know them or not.

I sometimes visit the beta area but if it would be with karma to do, i would go there for sure if i know i got feedback in return or atleast a replay.

i had a track in beta at tmx for a over a year and i got 12 dl or something and no feedback. :(
what should i think, is my track perfect. ?
and i don´t want to ask/pm people for the feedback becouse i posted my track in beta.
i did spam 30 people one time at tmx and i got cought. :d It wasn´t me...

beta area is a beta area where people come and visit right. ? so i dont need to pm anyone they should be there volenter. ! and with karma maybe a few more visit beta area becouse they have a track there or not
no track, no karma, very simple. same as in pp.

eyebo (777) says:
SPIDER says:

Yes. (y)

(l)
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

simple advice - just post your track in beta area once more 8-| and after your track in beta leaves 10 newest tracks window, there's 0% chance you'll get feedback.
Zimmer Racer

lol, talk about spamming =p
Site Leader

What you are suggesting, Space, is the cause of the problem...
Beetle Racer

eyebo (777) says:

However, a lot of tracks in the beta area on TMX were overlooked and given no feedback. Adding some form of competition on them in the form of replays uploaded... could garner some more feedback from people (since they're trying the track anyway in order to get their own track played/tried).

I don't see where this is going to happen.
My concern is:

There's basically 2 groups of tracks that get uploaded to the beta area.

First group are not really looking for help, they simply use the beta area as some kind of pre-release to get attention and make people notice a new track is on its way.

Second group are the tracks that the author is requesting feedback/help because he's concerned or simply not sure whether people can finish, can make a certain stunt/jump, get confused or whatever.

And this is the group that will suffer when karma gets into the play.
Because what happens is that people will focus on tracks that are pretty much finished and not hard so they can drive a quick replay and move on to the next track to gain karma for their own track.

And these pre-release tracks will get more replays while they don't need them as much as the real beta tracks would.
..wasn't me
Page: 3 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem