Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  BASCO 2012 - Stage 2 [Results on page 7!] 
BASCO 2012 - Stage 2 [Results on page 7!]
Page: 9 of 10
Post Reply  0 Observer

eyebo (701) says:
You would have got a higher score from me if you had built the last turn the opposite direction banjee. As it was you built everyone into a very tight spot for stage 3, so I marked it down on that fact alone.

Yes, I admit this was true, but my point was mostly about the checkpoint thingy. What's done is done, though.
Beetle Racer

Marius 89 says:
... to put one before the jump and after the jump it wasn't possible to fail, so that you need to respawn. (I didn't put one directly after the jump, cause the turns would be more difficult to get fs then).

Well, I found myself back at the start several times on at least two tracks and then I had enough literally. If there was just a doubt that not all players could finish in first try and a CP was missing I had to make sure the track would not win.

Track making is not just about coming up with a stunning part, which certainly you have done now twice in a row, it is also about drivability and meeting certain standards like e.g. a booster before a loop and a CP before an obstacle/jump, more so if mastering the parts require a certain speed to be met.

P.S.: I really liked your first stage very much, but from my point of view it was unsuitable for a track like this. I hope to see that stage released in one of your own tracks though.

P.P.S.: For the BASCO track, my advise would be to keep it reasonably simple, drivable and respawnable.
Be as you wish to seem.

I just came back from a holiday yesterday, great to see I made it to top 5 :o didn't count on that...
Congratulations to tmjonas, a good part to build further upon ;)
but I'm a little sad marius didn't make it to top 5... His part was my favourite
Last edited by XT»Marti,
Moped Racer

ohei2 says:
I found myself back at the start several times on at least two tracks and then I had enough literally. If there was just a doubt that not all players could finish in first try and a CP was missing I had to make sure the track would not win.

I have two problems with this point of view.

1) It seems to me that what you are saying is, "I refuse to drive 20 seconds without a checkpoint." If adding a checkpoint to the start/end of each stage is a part of the competition, it should have been in the rules at the beginning.

[Edit: I notice now that the checkpoint rule is at the beginning of the Stage 3 thread. It should be added to the main rules that are linked from that thread as well. Please do this.]

2) "I had to make sure the track would not win" is incredibly arrogant. It's not your job to "make sure" a track doesn't win (or does win, for that matter). You are one judge. Your job is to provide exactly 20% of the scoring for these tracks. If you are personally "making sure a track doesn't win", by giving it a zero then you shouldn't be judging.
Last edited by pjw,
Track Slacker

That is a deep yet very well brought opinion, which I, if not so fierce, share. I too don't fully approve/understand ohei's actions...
Moped Racer

I totally agree pjw. A referee in a football game also can't add his own rules. It would have been ok if you subtract one or two points, but giving the track 0 is just overreacted. Also, I don't think its a huge problem to drive 20s without respawn.
Beetle Racer

One of the reasons I won't participate in this stage is time... But if I would have got 0 points from one judge on that stage too, I wouldn't participate in basco anymore! Well, I hope i'll be lucky in stage 4 :)
Beetle Racer

pjw says:
It's not your job to "make sure" a track doesn't win (or does win, for that matter). You are one judge. Your job is to provide exactly 20% of the scoring for these tracks.

It is my job as a judge to provide my opinion and nothing more I have done here. I take much time and care to evaluate your submissions. Missing CPs are a major annoyance to me like subject missed in an essay and one can only get an "F" for it to translate it into American terms. 8-|
Last edited by ohei2,
Be as you wish to seem.

so your opinion is that track without CP is worth nothing?
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
so your opinion is that track without CP is worth nothing?

In your very own tracks you can do whatever you like.

In a community driven track which also should be suitable for online play, you have to meet certain standards, at least if you want to have a good score.
Be as you wish to seem.
Page: 9 of 10 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem