Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Mapmaking in TM1 or TM2: What do you prefer? 
Mapmaking in TM1 or TM2: What do you prefer?
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
Mapmaking in TM1 or TM2: What do you prefer?  
The title basically says it all.

I would have to say TM1 (stadium) , even though I'm not as experienced as a builder in TM1 because I feel that you can be more creative in TM1 as there are more blocks which means more transitions and variety. I feel that you can also be creative in TM2 but not as much. I feel that when the new blocks come out in the MP 2.0 release, it will definitely spice things up a bit and make the editor a lot more interesting :)

In saying that, TM2 is just a very little bit behind it. I prefer the driving physics in TM2 and I still love creating maps and never get bored. I try thinking of unique things that I can put into my future tracks that hasn't been thought of yet but it's very hard. I don't plan to go inactive and stop making maps anytime soon because it's what i love to do most in TM2. The community in TM2 and on MX is just awesome which is why I keep coming back to this site and logging into the game day after day.
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer

Well, I love building in Coast but building in Canyon is also fun. I'd say, what Canyon lacks it compensates by how sexy it is.
Beetle Racer

i like to make maps in TM2. :)
I play TMU from 2009, but i didn't like to make maps in it.
SO you can see just 1 map on my tmx account:d
Quad Bike Racer

Cool Guys ! yeah I have one map too :d Click
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer

Well, canyon blocks are bigger than TM1 blocks and with more complicated shapes, on first instance mapping on TM1 is easier if you want to make transitional tracks. Also I miss some blocks on Canyon, like curved platforms or diagonal GP roads, but I think that if you "re-arrange" your driving style you can get the same fun in both TMs
G-kart Racer

either it takes me 10 times as long to make a map on canyon, or I've just become a perfectionist

spent like the last month on and off working on a single track. took me less than 2-3 days to make most of my nations tracks approx.
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer

Im already a perfectionist and building tracks in Canyon take me way more time than in TM1. Especially no-slide tracks are harder to build in Canyon. But im staying in Canyon because its indeed sexier and the car feels soo good. TM1 is now oldskool for me. :d
Quad Bike Racer

TMUF had much more variation in building tracks, because of 7 different envis. Although I really like to build Canyon maps. The TM²-Editor is much more comfortable, because of the copy/paste-tool (I remember deleting and rebuilding maps in TMUF several times, because I reached the limit of the building space somewhere).
Also there are now much more possibilities in the Mediatracker (though they screwed 2d-triangles up) and especially the idea of the GP roads is nice, because they are not centered, but either more on the left or on the right side, which gives some cool new possibilities.
In my opinion the editor itself got much easier to handle in TM2, it's also easier to build some quite cool tracks and the MT as some nice new features, but Canyon as an environment itself as advantages and disadvantages as well as every other environment. Though I have to admit it's much more approachable than the most TMUF-envis, because you aren't this dependent on transitions and smothness anymore. In TMUF the cars easily lost control on unsmooth spots, Canyon is much more beginner friendly in this aspect.
Moped Racer

GanjaRider says:
Especially no-slide tracks are harder to build in Canyon.

Man, tell me about it.

The problem I run into is when I make a full-speed map with no-slides and I finally reach a point that's impossible to get out of without a slide, it feels artificial to have the driver slide even that once to get out of that tight spot. So usually I find myself planning this stuff out really meticulously or if worst comes to worst, I have to force slides.

Kind of wish the editing zone was bigger. Nadeo really wasn't thinking of the fullspeeders when they decided to make it so small.
Moped Racer

This isn't really offtopic. I'm moving it to the General forum. (y)

I prefer the Canyon editor. I always build very simple tracks, so Canyon suits me fine, and I love the copy paste tools as I'm always building myself into a corner in the editor.

I prefer the big buttons of the mediatracker in TMF though. :p
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem