Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Mapmaking in TM1 or TM2: What do you prefer? 
Mapmaking in TM1 or TM2: What do you prefer?
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

eyebo (701) says:
I prefer the big buttons of the mediatracker in TMF though. :p

Hehe, eyebo is getting old. :d
Moped Racer

I must say, Canyon is srsly my favorite environment till now. I love the driving physics (well, maybe exept in loops and wallrides) and the editor is also great for me, I can work pretty good with it, I guess I like building there most.
Beetle Racer

and I'm the only one who doesn't like Canyon editor :d too "slow" for me (lagging rotating/etc), and blocks panels popping up all the time when you don't want it are annoying imho... also you can't remove blocks by dragging over them, you have to click each of them. copy/paste is cool, but doesn't work (perfectly) with ground-to-air or vice versa.

blocks aren't my favorite too, but there's enough of them to make a decent and fun track. as it was already said, they're too big and have too many unnecessary sh*t around them to be really creative.

tho canyon handling is second favorite for me after stadium.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Lol... to prevent the popup effect, just click on the menu you want instead of mousing over it. It'll stay.

As for the block quality: you mean to say there are still people who don't use unlimiter?
Moped Racer

yes. me.
Zimmer Racer

In most of my tracks I also don't use the unlimiter ;)
Beetle Racer

Never used it. Never will use it. For me the real art is to make good tracks without TMUnlimiter. I would somehow miss the challenge, when I can place blocks wherever I want.

Though some people use it to realize some pretty cool ideas, that's the positive site of it, but most of the time people just use it, because they are lazy.
Last edited by XT kruemelyeti,
Moped Racer

kruemelyeti (83) says:
eyebo (701) says:
I prefer the big buttons of the mediatracker in TMF though. :p

Hehe, eyebo is getting old. :d

Yes. ;)

I didn't use unlimiter at all for my last track, and I'm very proud of that. I can't swear I'll never use it again, but I am going to make an effort to try to do everything natively in the editor first and only use unlimiter to help me out of tight spots or to do something interesting with scenery.

I like the challenge of building within the constraints of the editor. And a lot more is possible than people think.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Space says:
also you can't remove blocks by dragging over them, you have to click each of them.

Select the Eraser tool and hold Delete while dragging mouse over blocks. ;)

eyebo (701) says:
I like the challenge of building within the constraints of the editor. And a lot more is possible than people think.

True that. I only used unlimiter for closing gaps in the scenery in two of my tracks (GRid and DD Canyon). But I have nothing against BM as long as it adds something to the smoothness and is subtile. :)
Last edited by GR.,
Quad Bike Racer

GanjaRider says:
Space says:
also you can't remove blocks by dragging over them, you have to click each of them.

Select the Eraser tool and hold Delete while dragging mouse over blocks. ;)

it still doesn't work with X, right?
Zimmer Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem