Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Mapmaking in TM1 or TM2: What do you prefer? 
Mapmaking in TM1 or TM2: What do you prefer?
Page: 3 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

Space says:
and I'm the only one who doesn't like Canyon editor :d

i don't like it either :p
Quad Bike Racer

During the beta the editor was pretty slow because I was using an older PC. Especially placing those cliffside blocks took forever which made making a track really painful.

But in August towards the end of the beta I built a new PC and haven't had any more problems with the editor feeling slow.

If slowness is the reason you dislike it, that will probably be cured over time as you upgrade to a newer machine.
Site Leader

with current situation I don't think i'll get a new computer before 2014 ):
Zimmer Racer

That's not so far off. :p
Site Leader

Space says:
GanjaRider says:
Select the Eraser tool and hold Delete while dragging mouse over blocks. ;)
it still doesn't work with X, right?

Pressing X goes into Eraser mode but once you release X it goes out of the mode. Clicking on the Eraser tool icon will stay in Eraser mode.

X would have worked if you could reach both X and Delete with one hand. :p
Last edited by GR.,
Quad Bike Racer

The TM2 Editor is much better than the TMU editor. It has nice helpful features that make building more comfortable.
Still I don't like building Canyon tracks a lot because I don't like Canyon a lot. :p

Now when I just look at the pieces and how well it's possible to connect all the pieces then I don't see much of an evolution. It's still quite restrictive. I think in Island for example connectivity was pretty much the same.
..wasn't me

That's very true Skunky as I totally agree, but hopefully when ManiaPlanet 2.0 is released, there are some better blocks and more room to experiment with transitions. I'm sick of using the same transitions all the time as I keep running out of new ideas :-w
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer

I love the TM2 editor, i don't see many problems with it, and many transitions are easy to accomplish. As for the handling, the drifting is amazing, just for no-slide tracks it is very complicated to make those. But i prefer TM2 over TM1, and im sure when they make Valley Environment, it will be amazing as well. :)

Reyd
Learner Driver

Hard to say what is better to build. Without block-mixing I have clearly to tend to Island and Bay. With blockmixing, Rally and Canyon are my favourites. Canyon because the TM2Unlimter is way better than the one for TMU. And Rally because you can build so much interesting things with mixing (challenge edit ftw) to achieve new transitions or build great tech maps.
Moped Racer

I build atleast 1 or 2 tracks every day in tmu (i have made about 2000 tracks) in stadium but in canyon its hard to make a good and new track (i have only made about 50+ here), in some way boring to build but sometimes its fun so its goes up and down so i prefere to drive tracks instead of building them in canyon, so i must say stadium is the best editor. but that may change over time hopefully with valley, but if you dont like build tracks,, don´t do it and just drive others creation (y)
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer
Page: 3 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem