Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  BASCO 2012 - Stage 4 [Status: Results on page 10!] 
BASCO 2012 - Stage 4 [Status: Results on page 10!]
Page: 7 of 11
Post Reply  0 Observer

Really cool entries guys =p
Somehow I am glad, I'm not a judge, because it would be able to decide for a winner :p
Old Age Caravanner

kamakaze»LT says:
So many good parts, all i can say is have fun and GL to the judges because it will most likely be a hard one :) But I feel like a massive noob because my part is so simple compared to many other players lol.

Well not as simple as mine, although I think the track as a whole suffers from too many critical sections by now.
-also, just wondering, is there a rule against boost lines?
Learner Driver

some very cool parts here (l)
have fun and good luck to you all :d
G-kart Racer

kamakaze»LT says:
But I feel like a massive noob because my part is so simple compared to many other players lol.

seriously?...i think yours is one of the hottest entries :build:

SHK says:
-also, just wondering, is there a rule against boost lines?

no. i just think most of the participants prefer more the techier style. and it seems to be more clever to submit something not so fast to impress the judges. ;)
Learner Driver

chevron7 says:
SHK says:
I think tuutti deserves to win (y)

I also like that part but tuutti has crossed the coppers limit.

did I? fuck.. I wasn't paying attention to coppers
Learner Driver

... says:
no. i just think most of the participants prefer more the techier style. and it seems to be more clever to submit something not so fast to impress the judges.

That's not really the point, I think. there are many reasons why things are kept quite slow:

-coppers: the faster your section is, the greater the area covered by your section, the more scenery you'll have to build -> the more coppers you have to use... and many people already have problems with coppers when they don't have such a fast-paced part :)

-thinking in parts: if you speed up things in your 10 seconds (and you win), the next participants will have to build a pretty fast part too. This way you would limit other players possibilities of building... The thing is, since noone takes the risk of speeding things up, the track keeps on having a not-so-very-fast speed, which discourages other people from building faster. It's a circle :s

-difficulty: I know this is not such a good argument, but mostly, faster tracks tend to be harder too: drivers have to be more precise and the track gets more difficult, while one of the main thoughts of the basco-theme is to make a track that is driveable for everyone. (note: faster tracks aren't always harder, It's just what I often experience)

So with all of this kept in mind... you probably will get a better score if you don't go fullspeed, but that doesn't mean you can't try. Judges like to be surprised ;)

P.S.: sorry for writing this much 8-|
Last edited by XT»Marti,
Moped Racer

tuutti says:
did I? fuck.. I wasn't paying attention to coppers

:'(

About the track, it just has to fit the the parts before, has to continue its flow in a good way (feel natural). I wouldn't care a faster section if it's well combined with the part before. And about the track being too critical so far, I don't really agree.. I think it's a rather easy track to finish. Also, it's actually fullspeed this far .. :p
G-kart Racer

The first phase of judging isn't finished yet. The finalists will be anounced tomorrow morning around 11.00 CET. Final results as usual on Friday 20.00 CET :)
MTC underway!

honG says:
seriously?...i think yours is one of the hottest entries :build:

Thanks honG, we will see :)

Keen to see who made finals!
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer

kamakaze»LT says:
So many good parts, all i can say is have fun and GL to the judges because it will most likely be a hard one :) But I feel like a massive noob because my part is so simple compared to many other players lol.

Same here. Feel like i did it to simple. But maybe the judges will agree with us that we made good and easy parts for hunting and that we kept the map difficulty level acceptable :$

2 more hours, can't wait for the first votes :d
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer
Page: 7 of 11 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem