Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Call out to "realistic" tracks 
Call out to "realistic" tracks
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
Call out to "realistic" tracks  
G'day all,

I love arcade racers. I've played tons of Burnout 2/Paradise, Outrun Online Arcade, Sega Rally, Screamer, etc. And I very much enjoy how the cars handle in Trackmania 2, but I just don't like most of the tracks. Try as I might, tracks with lots of jumping, loops and/or layouts that would make M.C. Escher scratch his head for a moment just don't appeal to me at all. I prefer the more realistic (though still sometimes exaggerated) approach of games like above. I'd love to find tracks that feel more like Initial D rather than Hot Wheels.

Going through ~20k user-made tracks to find ones I enjoy is rather daunting a task, so I'd like to know if there's an easier way to find them. Maybe there's a whole cabal of players with tracks like this and I just don't know about it.
Learner Driver

I can see your frustration. Although trakckmania is known for it's absurd complex tracks with loops and wall-rides. There is the ability to build normal lookalike tracks.
Right from the top of my head I know Wraith used to make GP (Grande Prix) and WRC (World Rally Championschip) tracks with or without realistic mods. I don't quite know if he still does that but it's worth a look at.

I like your idea and point of view and it may be interesting to make a thread in the your tracks section about realistic tracks. Or not, because that might end up being spammed with so called realistic tracks.

Have fun and post some yourself, if you find some. It might be interesting to try them out.

Cheers
Feels gooood!

Sorry Ghegs, but I don't get it. What exactly are you looking for (tracks without loops, jumps, wallrides?)?

Hans
:d
Beetle Racer

he wants boring maps
Moped Racer

If you simply want maps without lots of hard jumps or crazy loops and wallrides, then maybe take a look at tech maps.

You can find links to many in this topic:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/s/ft/1442
Site Leader

There are many people, who drive and build nascar-tracks. Maybe they appeal to you.

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracksearch?mode=0&vm=0&trackname=nascar&priord=2&limit=20&environments=1

There are also many online servers only for this kind of maps, just search for it and you will find them. ;)
Last edited by XT kruemelyeti,
Moped Racer

If u like "Wild nature" tracks, u can try my "Canyon unveiled" It`s a race in the deep reef of canyon, with some water spots and natural climbing up from the reef..... "Canyon unveiled 2" coming soon..... :p
Moped Racer

Try this one :p
"»RC 01 Desert Rally "

and off course the rest of his tracks
Last edited by Sticky,
Feels gooood!

For my Nascar tracks I tried to maintain a realistic feel (most of the time). Asherah, Eostra, Hera, Isis and Hekate are the most realistic. The first two even look like real life circuits complete with spectator stands.
Moped Racer

Sticky says:
Although trakckmania is known for it's absurd complex tracks with loops and wall-rides. There is the ability to build normal lookalike tracks.

Yes, I realize I'm going against the game's common track design philosophy with my preferences. But I figured since it is possible to design more realistic tracks, there had to be some, and you guys have proven that right.

Sticky says:
Right from the top of my head I know Wraith used to make GP (Grande Prix) and WRC (World Rally Championschip) tracks with or without realistic mods. I don't quite know if he still does that but it's worth a look at.

He has some good tracks, yeah. Some of them do have blind jumps and such, but others are more to my liking.

Sticky says:
Try this one :p
"»RC 01 Desert Rally "

But this! Yes! Excellent track in my opinion. While simply finishing it is easy, getting a good time is very hard. There are a couple of corners where drifting is possible, but it's difficult to get the angle right so you don't clip the wall. Oh yeah, this is the good stuff. DrZuckerbrot is my new hero. And you for bringing him to my attention, of course. His other tracks aren't too shabby either.

Enai Siaion says:
For my Nascar tracks I tried to maintain a realistic feel (most of the time). Asherah, Eostra, Hera, Isis and Hekate are the most realistic. The first two even look like real life circuits complete with spectator stands.

Good job on these, they have a very nice feel and flow to them. It's like rushing water going smoothly through the river.
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem