Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  BASCO 2012 - MT and Screenshot Competition 
BASCO 2012 - MT and Screenshot Competition
Page: 1 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer
BASCO 2012 - MT and Screenshot Competition  
The final stage of the BASCO has come to an end, and as you know the results are out. If you’ve missed it, check out this thread!

However, there are two things still to be done: MediaTracker and a screenshot! We’re running these two simultaneously.
You can choose whether you want to do MT only, screenshot only, or both.

Rules for the MT Contest:

For this MT stage of the contest, simply download the finished track here and add an INTRO, an OUTRO, and a GPS.

The final track name will be "MX BASCO 2012". The names of the builders (winners of the stages) can be found here.

o One submission per user.
o Those who have already won a building stage of the BASCO are not allowed to participate.
o No in-game effects allowed!
o We want the track to work nicely online, so do not increase the file size above 512Kb.
o When saving your entry, name it MT-YourMXLogin.
o Upload the track to MX using the BASCO 2012 account. The password is basco2012.

Rules for the Screenshot Contest:

o One submission per user.
o Those who have already won a building stage of the BASCO are not allowed to participate.
o Your screenshot must be 1920x1440 pixels in size.
o Keep in mind that your screenshot will be used in 400x290 format and has a maximum size of 250 kb.
o Please use the .jpg or .png file format.
o Upload your entry somewhere on the web.
o Post a link to your screenshot to the thread for your screenshot submissions. Please provide a link to the small and large version.
o You can do whatever you want - be creative!

And that’s it!

Submission deadline for MT and Screenshot:

Saturday 23rd of June: 20:00 CET.

Judges: Winners of the building stages + moderators.

Have fun!

ManiaExchange
Last edited by KekX,
MTC underway!

KekX says:

o We want the track to work nicely online, so do not increase the file size above 512Kb.

Quick clarification: that means the max total size for the track is 512 kB, right?
And not 360 kB (current size) + 512 kB = 872 kB
Moped Racer

Right.
MTC underway!

any necessary text for screen? trackname?

also I hope you'll resize the screen well... ^^ without stretching at least. or we can post small one too?
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
also I hope you'll resize the screen well... ^^ without stretching at least. or we can post small one too?

The Rule says:
Please provide a link to the small and large version.

;)

MTC underway!

and answer to the first question?..
Zimmer Racer

I gave KekX the full resolution size. I always do all my screens at that size and disregard AR when resizing. No one has ever complained about stretching. It's close enough no one ever notices.

But yeah, as the rules say, you're supposed to post the big and small sizes. So if you want to do bars (or crop) on the small one, it would be your choice.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Space says:
any necessary text for screen? trackname?

Maybe:
TheRules says:
You can do whatever you want - be creative!
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

eyebo (777) says:
I gave KekX the full resolution size. I always do all my screens at that size and disregard AR when resizing. No one has ever complained about stretching. It's close enough no one ever notices.

i would notice stretching a screen from 1440x900 (my highest res) to 1920x1440...

also, why do we have to post a large version even though the only one that really ever matters is the 400x290 one?
Quad Bike Racer

Anyone can take a screenshot at 1920x1440 using MediaTracker if you're in a window when you go to take the screenshot.

The higher quality and resolution you take the screenshot at, the more you will have to work with, and the better quality your small image will be when you go to resize it.

Some may choose to do a collage of images though. The main thing is that the large image is 1920x1440.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 7 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem