Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC August/September 2012 [Results on page 13!] 
MTC August/September 2012 [Results on page 13!]
Page: 2 of 14
Post Reply  0 Observer

7 cp's is quite a lot for a platform track... sure not to lower it down, admins? :)

EDIT: never mind, should be fine :cool:
Last edited by XT»Marti,
Moped Racer

7 cp is perfect and it depends on the builder how far it is between the cp :p
say you aim for a 1 minute track, than you have about 8.5 sec between cp.
Beetle Racer

What about multiple ways to one CP? My example would be like this here.
You build a jump which is very hard to get perfect, but feels awesome if you nail it. To prevent frustration, is it allowed to build a landing area below with an alternative way to complete the jump? Or does this ruin the idea of a platform map?
Moped Racer

tcq says:
What about multiple ways to one CP? My example would be like this here.
You build a jump which is very hard to get perfect, but feels awesome if you nail it. To prevent frustration, is it allowed to build a landing area below with an alternative way to complete the jump? Or does this ruin the idea of a platform map?

Well... you're allowed to do so. As in, it doesn't break any rules. :p

I'd advice you to make it clear the hard way is the one that's the "correct" way to do the jump. Just to avoid confusing the judges. But yeah... it's tough to say what the judges like and what they don't. It's always a risk to do something a bit more original - you're job as the builder is to decide whether the risk is worth taking for or not. :)
Back in action!

is there any maximum length?

I started to build one :) (my first platform map ever, even on TMX I have'nt made one)

atm I got a good feeling about it but If i do a clean run FS (fastest as possible) I got 1m30seconds to cp 3
also Is it a must or just an avantage that all cp's are respawnable?
aslo is it allowed to include a gps or even hp help?
I know some will think this'll ruin the map since if you are desperate to know how something is possible you watch the gps and afterward you are disappointed since it seemed to be way easyer than first thought

(I know this from RPG maps on TMX)
Moped Racer

unrespawnable platform track? you must be kidding.
Zimmer Racer

FT»lolig says:
also Is it a must or just an avantage that all cp's are respawnable?

KekX says:
The Judging System:
A number of judges will rate the tracks on the following topics: :award:
Design – Layout, respawnability of checkpoints, scenery, the general "feel" of the track. Max 20 points/judge :award:
Creativity – Quality and "interestingness" of the platform obstacles Max 10 points/judge :award:
Fun Factor – Sometimes a track can be poor in every way, but still extremely fun to drive. Depending on how fun the judges find your track, a few extra points can be given. Max 10 points/judge

The quote of the rules should answer your question.
To be honest, a map that has no respawnable CPs will never get an award by me. Good that I', no judge in this MTC :)
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

Of course the checkpoints should be respawnable ;)

FT»lolig says:
is there any maximum length?
aslo is it allowed to include a gps or even hp help?

No maximum length - but if I were a judge, I wouldn't be too happy about a 15 minute track =p
Yes, you can include a GPS but it won't have an influence on your score (remember you have to send a replay which shows the way).

MTC underway!

What about the difficulty grade of the different obstacles? For example I have one section where the driver needs to drive exactly straight, take the whole length of that section to accelerate and lose the throttle once at the moment of impact to make this jump work. Do we need to make the map easy so that all drivers can get to the finish without being frustrated or can we ask the drivers to use their brain to figure out how each jump is to be taken?

Sorry for this whole questions, but I still try to get a picture about how "nasty" this map can be :d
E.g. Is Campaign Level E acceptable or easier/harder?
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

I think you shouldn't bother about just how hard your track is. Having tracks of multiple difficulties and styles will make the compo more interesting imo :)
Moped Racer
Page: 2 of 14 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem