Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC February 2013 - "Bi-Directional" - Results on page 8! 
MTC February 2013 - "Bi-Directional" - Results on page 8!
Page: 3 of 8
Post Reply  0 Observer

okay
Moped Racer

marti says:
Just hopping by to say man, this theme is hard.

Agreed w. marti--this is a tricky one. :)

I didn't read the rules closely enough this morning, and had to start over. My original track had a split, then each side of that split again, then a CP where everything came together, then pick one of two ways back, so eight different routes to take...but yeah...only 1 CP. Sadness.

I think I have something now that will work, with 4 double-CPs, but it's still a little unfriendly to drive...needs a bit more polish.
Last edited by pjw,
Track Slacker

If flying was easy, we wouldn't need TSA agents ;-)
Moped Racer

wow, this sounds really interesting, gonna try something :)
Beetle Racer

There's something I don't understand. Is a finish (the red one) tile allowed. Or just a multilap (the yellow one) tile and nothing else ?
Learner Driver

his_dudness says:
There's something I don't understand. Is a finish (the red one) tile allowed. Or just a multilap (the yellow one) tile and nothing else ?

Just the multilap. I explicitly forbid GREEN start and RED finish, because some builders would otherwise use those to finish the race.
Moped Racer

yeah, as I feared.... I need to restart the track over... :@ :'( :s :p
Learner Driver

his_dudness says:
yeah, as I feared.... I need to restart the track over... :@ :'( :s :p

Hahaha, I had to start over too--don't feel bad. I'm finding it a really interesting challenge to make all routes easily drivable in both directions. I'm down to only three double-checkpoints, but I'm trying to make all combinations possible (i.e. 123, 132, 213, 231, 321, 312) and have similar times as well, but be fairly different driving experiences.

This is a great MTC--lots of variables to juggle. :)
Track Slacker

pjw says:
This is a great MTC--lots of variables to juggle. :)

I want some credit Alcator :-w

Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

Fantastic theme this month.

Unfortunately I won't have time to enter, all I can do is wish you all the best of luck with the editor. (y)
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 3 of 8 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem