Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC February 2013 - "Bi-Directional" - Results on page 8! 
MTC February 2013 - "Bi-Directional" - Results on page 8!
Page: 5 of 8
Post Reply  0 Observer

Please enter submissions in this thread here :)
MTC February 2013 - Submission Thread
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

How about if splitting and meeting points is not the same? here's image to make it clear http://i48.tinypic.com/295s55s.jpg
Last edited by Veikko,
Learner Driver

Alcator says:
Canyan says:
Is it required to finish the map by going to the finish opposite direction than start? :)

Yes... Imagine a LOLLIPOP as a model of your track - the stick is the start/finish, the edge of the lollipop is the "circuit" where people drive in either direction, and then return to start/finish.

that's gonna be hard... :$
Moped Racer
· · · – – – · · ·

maybe, but canyon is (imho) a lot harder to build flowy tracks in => verrry hard with all those extra difficulties :) For me, that is. I really hope I can work something out, but it's really hard to e.g. find places for checkpoints that fit both routes.
Moped Racer

Canyan says:
How about if splitting and meeting points is not the same? here's image to make it clear http://i48.tinypic.com/295s55s.jpg

RULES says:

:done: Ideally, the racer should return to the split point after "going around the track" in either direction, and turn towards the finish, but this is not enforced, because it might cause unnecessary trouble due to speed etc.

But don't forget the Checkpoints and respawnability!

Moped Racer

Alcator says:
Canyan says:

RULES says:

:done: Ideally, the racer should return to the split point after "going around the track" in either direction, and turn towards the finish, but this is not enforced, because it might cause unnecessary trouble due to speed etc.

But don't forget the Checkpoints and respawnability!

Yeah, that would be very hard to find way to come straight back to split point :) so, is it okey if i have two double checkpoints and 1 single in the composite route?
Learner Driver

Canyan says:

Yeah, that would be very hard to find way to come straight back to split point :) so, is it okey if i have two double checkpoints and 1 single in the composite route?

I wonder if people even try to look for the answer before they ask a question...

RULES says:

the 3-CP rule aims to ensure that eg. during online race, racers meet head-on at several locations, so it's not two completely separated roads.

It seems to me (also from the picture you posted) that you intend to build 2 mostly separate roads, which is ...NOT... what was meant by the topic. The rules don't forbid it, but don't be surprised if a judge says "I couldn't find a single place which, depending on route choice, you drive in different direction..."
Moped Racer

Expressed in Paint, this is what you're supposed to do:

So, the same route, driveable in both directions. Not two routes which happens to have the same start and finish.
Since not everything is driveable backwards, some freedom is granted within reasonable amounts.
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

Alcator says:
Canyan says:

I wonder if people even try to look for the answer before they ask a question...

RULES says:

the 3-CP rule aims to ensure that eg. during online race, racers meet head-on at several locations, so it's not two completely separated roads.

It seems to me (also from the picture you posted) that you intend to build 2 mostly separate roads, which is ...NOT... what was meant by the topic. The rules don't forbid it, but don't be surprised if a judge says "I couldn't find a single place which, depending on route choice, you drive in different direction..."

Well, i just made two mostly separated roads and only checkpoints are places where racers meet in different directions, actually racers meet 3 times in the track and thats the whole point in this? Its good that rules dont forbid it! I hope judge see it positive, because its MUCH harder to make it that way than the way you told about.
Learner Driver
Page: 5 of 8 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem