Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Public building project - CopyCats, i guess would be a fitti... 
Public building project - CopyCats, i guess would be a fitting name!
Page: 2 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

Cool idea!
I'm going to try to contribute, I've been playing a lot of valley tracks so I'm sure I can find something to fit in there.

Just a note: I think you should open an exception for adding signs and maybe "direction" barriers to the original sections (as long as it doesn't change the racing line) because we wouldn't want to end up with a really confusing track.
Quad Bike Racer

Ok here it is.

I've added some barriers to make the start clearer, I hope you don't mind. it doesn't change the racing line or the style I think.

About the piece I added:
It's a section after the start on the map "Valley warm-up 2 [FS-Drift] by   div

It's a fast section with a boost drift...I know it's a drastic change from the Tech start, but I think it still fits well...
...like the track coming alive after a slow technical start.
If you drive the start section well the drop landing fits perfectly smoothly, if the landing is not smooth you know you can drive the previous section better, I like this trait in a track.

The new section adds roughly 10 secs to the track.

Anyway I guess this is a democratic process the next contributor will have a chance to slow the car down if that's what we wishes :-)

Hope you like the result

→ Download CopyCats2.Map.Gbx
Last edited by pfm,
Quad Bike Racer

LMpfm says:
Cool idea!
Just a note: I think you should open an exception for adding signs and maybe "direction" barriers to the original sections (as long as it doesn't change the racing line) because we wouldn't want to end up with a really confusing track.

I'm glad you like it! And you might be right, will add it to the description/rules of the project.

You are allowed to place blocks as guidance (signs, roads, platforms) around the section of the track you've chosen, as long as it does NOT affect the actual driving route and will not be a problem for the next builder.
Sounds about right, i guess? :)

Edit:
Dang. You posted another reply while i was typing! :d

LMpfm says:
I've added some barriers to make the start clearer, I hope you don't mind. it doesn't change the racing line or the style I think.

Yessir, check my previous post.

LMpfm says:
About the piece I added:
It's a section after the start on the map "Valley warm-up 2 [FS-Drift] by div"

It's a fast section with a boost drift...I know it's a drastic change from the Tech start, but I think it still fits well...
...like the track coming alive after a slow technical start.
If you drive the start section well the drop landing fits perfectly smoothly, if the landing is not smooth you know you can drive the previous section better, I like this trait in a track.

This is excactly what i wanted this thing to be! Different trackstyles combined while still flowy, and getting the names of relatively unknown authors spread out in the community. Didn't know about the track, but i love it, and think the part you added feels awesome and natural, although the start i chose seems a bit hard to build in extention of, despite of it being awesome.

Great job man, i'll probably skip this one and let a new user take over! Go for it guys!
Last edited by Andisch,
Learner Driver

Cool, glad you liked it :-)

Maybe you could just clarify in the 1st post that you are supposed to download the latest version only and add to that.
Maybe some people may get confused and think they are supposed to post a separate piece and not the full track with their piece added.
Quad Bike Racer

LMpfm says:
Cool, glad you liked it :-)

Maybe you could just clarify in the 1st post that you are supposed to download the latest version only and add to that.
Maybe some people may get confused and think they are supposed to post a separate piece and not the full track with their piece added.

Hmm, thought it was clear already. Updated the post though :)
Learner Driver

Andisch says:

Hmm, thought it was clear already. Updated the post though :)

Thanks, yeah I was just playing devil's advocate...people skip read a lot :-)

Can't wait for the next track version!
Last edited by pfm,
Quad Bike Racer

and here it is :d
i used "Badlands by   NitroGuy!
hope you like my part :)

download

its completely fs and you get even more speed at the end
like pfm's part it adds 10 sec
i also added a gps just because its faster to drive this one turn of divs map noslide here ;)

a suggestion
what about giving this track a driveable lenght like one minute and finish it after that?
so this would be the first mx-communitiy project in valley
we maybe could start a new track like this after that
but in my opinion this one is too awesome so far to make it to long/undriveable ;)

i would be up for scenery btw
Last edited by FT»Lodec,
Beetle Racer

FT»Lodec says:
[i]
i also added a gps just because its faster to drive this one turn of divs map noslide here ;)

i wouldn't say that ;) i am faster with drifting that curve hrhr
Last edited by div,
Learner Driver

FT»Lodec says:

hope you like my part :)

Awesome! more speed!
FT»Lodec says:

a suggestion
what about giving this track a driveable lenght like one minute and finish it after that?
so this would be the first mx-communitiy project in valley
we maybe could start a new track like this after that
but in my opinion this one is too awesome so far to make it to long/undriveable ;)

Agree 100% finish this map at 1 Minute and start a new one after :-)
Quad Bike Racer

My GPS wasnt nice 8-|
What is your Speed at the Cp After the driftturn?
without drifting i can get up to 320
Beetle Racer
Page: 2 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem