Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC May 2014 - He's Like a Mapping iPod! 
MTC May 2014 - He's Like a Mapping iPod!
Page: 10 of 14
Post Reply  0 Observer

Zenit says:
why?

do you think i dont have experience in mapping? :d

No, but in my maps you usually have to search for the best raceline/flow. So you would probably score me low :$
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

you dont need to search for it because GPS shows you already how to drive the line :)

Quad Bike Racer

Relying on GPS to give you the route isn't a good practice in general for a race map.
The Green Dude

thats actually the thing i am doing too
and in my opinion you can already see in the gps if the track is good or not (not on every track for sure)
Beetle Racer

Maybe for flow, but certainly not for "Fun Factor." I don't think you can determine a track's fun factor until you have played it multiple times. There are a lot of tracks that don't seem too good at first, but after a few races they become really fun.
Moped Racer

Zack11 says:
Maybe for flow, but certainly not for "Fun Factor." I don't think you can determine a track's fun factor until you have played it multiple times. There are a lot of tracks that don't seem too good at first, but after a few races they become really fun.

+1
MX Supporter

but you can separate the track into 2 piles with the gps:

A: Bad tracks and B: worth trying ;)

Quad Bike Racer

Only that you can't, because some tracks look amazing in the GPS but are shitty to drive on, and it's not too hard to find one of those. Plus, wayfinding can be considered an important part of polishing, and some people don't like watching GPS ghosts because they take a while. Then there's badly placed GPSs, useless GPSs...

But I'm just a dude who's been playing this game for over 8 years.
The Green Dude

if you dont have the time to watch gps so dont be judge? wtf?
Quad Bike Racer

@Zenit: at the risk making me unpopular, I have to ask: do you actually read the posts before replying? :p
MX Supporter
Page: 10 of 14 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem