Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC May 2014 - He's Like a Mapping iPod! 
MTC May 2014 - He's Like a Mapping iPod!
Page: 9 of 14
Post Reply  0 Observer

Zenit says:
they knew the deadline of their finals for like 6 months. So when they dont have time they shouldnt judge the entrys.
I am very glad and thankful for them sacrificing valuable free time for us. No judges, no contest.

Zenit says:
I would say its ok when we have lik 100 entrys. But we have only 7? this work is in 30 min done
4 minutes and 17 seconds per track, including testing, hunting, looking at scenery and details, writing down notes and assigning scores? Wow, Flash is back in town. :p
MX Supporter

erikfzr says:
4 minutes and 17 seconds per track, including testing, hunting, looking at scenery and details, writing down notes and assigning scores? Wow, Flash is back in town. :p

talking from my own experience of judging TMNF MTCs, maybe not 4, but 6-7 minutes per track is definitely possible. nobody ever complained about my scores either.
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
erikfzr says:

talking from my own experience of judging TMNF MTCs, maybe not 4, but 6-7 minutes per track is definitely possible. nobody ever complained about my scores either.

Then you must be his younger brother :)
MX Supporter

Zenit says:
they knew the deadline of their finals for like 6 months. So when they dont have time they shouldnt judge the entrys.

I would say its ok when we have lik 100 entrys. But we have only 7? this work is in 30 min done

Maybe we don't spend 100% of our time in TM. Maybe I was busy for the entire month presenting several projects. I can take 5 to 10 minutes out of my day to kill 2 or 3 motherfuckers in BL2, but I can't take a whole hour or 2 to judge tracks. Plus, this MTC has 2 trial maps, which doesn't really make it easier. If you think it's that easy, I invite you to judge future contests.

EDIT: At least you know the judges are around. There still is an MTC in TMUFX that hasn't had results because one of the judges disappeared... about 5 years ago
Last edited by FT»Osaka,
The Green Dude

i judged alot for the tmnf mtc. Daniel is right: 10 min per track. IF I WAS SLOW. I had only to drive the track maybe 2 times to see if its good or not.

Scenery is just a feeling so the "first" impression is always right. Flow is exactly the same but only if you can drive the track without respawn. Themepoints are exactly the same too.

You dont need to hunt the track to give points.
Quad Bike Racer

Zenit says:
I had only to drive the track maybe 2 times to see if its good or not.

Thinking this isn't only disrespectful to the author, but it's also impossible, because tracks can definitely grow on you! They get better each run and it's not ok to drive them twice and label them as bad.

Zenit says:
Flow is exactly the same but only if you can drive the track without respawn. Themepoints are exactly the same too.

You dont need to hunt the track to give points.

Some maps flow well, but simply not on the first run. If there is a sudden turn, the first runs you might think it doesn't fit, but once you get the hang of it it improves the entire track, especially the part behind it. You have to have a good run, where "no respawns" isn't enough.
Moped Racer

i said when you can drive the track without mistakes you can already judge the flow

really good tracks show you the flow in the first try
Quad Bike Racer

Zenit says:
i said when you can drive the track without mistakes you can already judge the flow

really good tracks show you the flow in the first try

FT»Osaka says:
If you think it's that easy, I invite you to judge future contests.

Not sure I'd want him to be a judge :p
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

why?

do you think i dont have experience in mapping? :d
Quad Bike Racer

UPDATE: Thunderstorms and other factors outside of my control will delay my results. As in, I haven't been able to start just yet. Willow is currently missing, so I tried to get another judge for the contest. More at midnight.
The Green Dude
Page: 9 of 14 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem