Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  BASCO 2014 Stage 1 - Tobbe won [Page 6] 
BASCO 2014 Stage 1 - Tobbe won [Page 6]
Page: 2 of 6
Post Reply  0 Observer

haenry says:

Will there be a submission thread?
MX Supporter

The mapgroup automatically creates a list of all submissions, which is obviously hidden;)

No :p
gado is a

OK, good to know :)
MX Supporter

Considering there's a scenery part, I'm assuming we only send you the route right?
The Green Dude

Your deducing skills never cease to amaze me, Sherlock! (l)
gado is a
Part submitted  
2 Things from my side:

1st: I've blocked the possible cut with the ingame objects, which I'm guessing we are supposed to do and allowed to use those items (there is no rule against it - and since we're allowed to use custom objects and blockmix I just guessed :p).
hope that's ok.

2nd: The judging system... when the builder are allowed to judge all of the tracks most people I guess will just do what favors there part the most... which would include voting your part with a 10 like you already said, but also vote all other parts with 1... which one the one hand makes these votes pretty much obsolete and on the other hand will push down the rating for all the parts (1x10 vs Yx1 whereas Y = amount of the other builders). I think it'd be better to prevent that in the first place. :s

since - I'm now speaking for myself - I don't only care about the place I end on, but also on the points I get in the end.. higher points = people like what I do => I have more motivation to go on. I hope I've written everything in an understandable way and not too chaotic (yh dammit it's very late again - 7:50 am :$ )

greetings :)
G-kart Racer

as far as i know people arent allowed to rate their own part so the average of points for every track is counting

but people can still vote 1 for every other maps so votes like this should be banned...
Beetle Racer

As long as you've used the given embeddable objects, you're fine

Regarding the judging, yes I am aware of this issue. But you wrote already correctly "all maps are effected", it is fair for everyone. If everyone's points are down by 1, it's still the same result ;)
It is not a perfect system, but I want to give it a try! ;)
gado is a

the scores are effected because the guy who votes all other maps down doesnt vote down his own map :d
Beetle Racer

haenry says:
Regarding the judging, yes I am aware of this issue. But you wrote already correctly "all maps are effected", it is fair for everyone. If everyone's points are down by 1, it's still the same result ;)
It is not a perfect system, but I want to give it a try! ;)

It is not at all fair for everyone. The problem with this voting system is, that you force everyone to vote down all maps else you will be in a disadvantage. Then this will result in the same result as if no one voted except some judges. If you are voting like a judge and rank maps accordingly after your taste and quality you are the dumb one. Therefore, votes like this should be banished or at least filtered if someone gives bad votes to all maps. Actually, if someone votes they should also give 2-3 sentences why they voted a map the way they did to make it possible for you to filter out the guys who vote intentionally in a bad way. This is one of the reasons why ET never does public votes.

One stupid real life example:
Europe: No weapons allowed in public spaces. (Selected judges)
USA: Weapons everywhere. (Everyone can vote)
Where do you feel safer?
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer
Page: 2 of 6 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem