Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC June 2015 - Slope Madness 
MTC June 2015 - Slope Madness
Page: 3 of 8
Post Reply  0 Observer

So:
  • How about re-uses ? Can I drive across a block, on the red areas only, if i drive across the green areas separately ?
  • If a block with flat surface doesn't cover the whole block area, can it be used if you get airborn within that block space ? I ask this because it doesn't touch any green areas, but only red ones :p
Moped Racer

• Yes you can do that. Re-uses are hard enough to build well anyways, so it's fine
  • The block ends where the block ends and that is most of the time not the entire block space (except for the basic platform blocks. A block is defined by its hitbox/visual size, not by the block space around it). Thus it still counts as one flat block and is thus not allowed according to the rules ;)
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Can I use a flat bloc and put a cp object on it ? Or it doesn't count as a flat cp ?
(I'm using TMPlus)
Learner Driver

It does count as a flat block, but you have 5 flat cps free. So you can build 5 of them ;)
gado is a

Would be a pity to get your track disqualified if you used this block, though :p

(yes, it's absolutely necessary in this part)

Still, another question:
- Do block clips count as flat blocks ? As an example, the narrow Canyon road's clip is basically the edge of a dragged flat road ...
Moped Racer

the block clip is part of the block itself. You should be fine as long as you're not using the block clip only 8-|
... says:
A block is defined by its hitbox/visual size
Last edited by _firestorrm,
G-kart Racer
Noob incoming!  
I'm planning to join this MTC with a tech map. I have very little idea how it will be received. Thus far I have built a barebones track (no scenery or mt work yet) about 27s long. Is the idea in a MTC to keep the track unknown until it is ready for publishing or would it be reasonable to send a video clip of its current state for feedback? (Also to verify that nothing I have included disqualifies me :p )
Old Age Caravanner

exactly firestorm.
Sorry Voy, but these blocks you use are definitely flat. They might be tiny, but they are flat. You better find a different solution for that part :p

Getting feedback for a track is fine. It's not rare that people update their track due to cuts, after it was published. As long as you do all changes before the deadline, your map will be valid ;)
gado is a

hey I have a small question
I started to build a map but with a lot of objects.

if we place a block with a red zone but we force the player to drive uphill/downhill on that redzone by placing an object on it, is this allowed?
this way you get more possibilities to place diverse blocks. while not drving on a flat part.

also if you drive on the block do you need to go up or down directly when you drive over it's clip? or can you drive like 1 meter than go up/down?

this is all I want to know :p

lolig
Moped Racer

how is it still a red zone, if it goes uphill/downhill?
Only surfaces parallel to the ground are red.

you can drive flat as long as you want, if you change height at some point on this block. (That's why I indicated the green paths in that one example. Might be too subtle tho :d )
gado is a
Page: 3 of 8 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem