Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC August 2015 - 15-second tracks 
MTC August 2015 - 15-second tracks
Page: 4 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer

All submissions have been added to the MTC server again. Well, with the exception of a single map built in the RPG title.

Join link: maniaplanet://#join=mx-event0@Trackmania_2@nadeolabs

There's now also Dedimania record tracking and that sort of magic on the server.
Segmentation fault

The very last submission was build in a custom Titlepack, well done =p
However, I think it is not too bad to drive one map offline (y)

So we have 33 maps this time. That's going to be some intense voting session :cool:

Judging
Once again TGYoshi set up a server for the voting:
maniaplanet://#join=mx-event0@Trackmania_2@nadeolabs
  • Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map (give your own map a 10)
  • Every map will be judged with marks from 1 (bad) to 10 (good). It is recommend to give reasons for very high and very low votes, so builders know what they did right/wrong. ;)
  • Note that you have to judge a stage entirely, you cannot judge only half of it.
  • You need to verify your vote by posting in this topic.
  • Here is the voting sheet.
  • The deadline is the End of August 31 PDT 2015.
  • New: The best and worst vote for each map will be ignored
Have fun and stay fair. (y)
gado is a

I like that you will throw out the high and low votes (y) Going to start voting soon :d
Moped Racer

voted!
Beetle Racer

voted
G-kart Racer

voted
Moped Racer

derp
Last edited by pjw,
Track Slacker
Rslts!  

I am very proud to announce the results for the MTC with the most submissions so far.

The winner this time is with a very close lead of just one point:
  • :gold: Skellborn and skyslide! Congratulations you two!

"Clearly that's my favorite, and that's the best, not debatable. If this doesn't win the MTC then it makes no sense ! Perfect mood, good looking MT, awesome trackroad, + sidequest ... What else?" - DrHugs
    "Wo wo wo guys, did you just go fully insane? This map is a blast. It is so hard to see where to go, but every centimetre of new ground (or air) is amazing. Keep on building insane maps :)" - me (haenry)

On second we find:

• :silver: "[LOL] MTC Full Baked by   Beatinfected - "Wow! That's a lot of work-per-second on a track. Amazing design, great use of custom geo, and excellent GPS work." - Pjw

On third followed by:
  • :bronze: [Bad Track/Map Link] - "I usually don't rate transitional track very highly (I find them just a sequence of gimmicky tricks). This one however won me over, it's really well put together because it teases you to find the pixel perfect smoothness in the transitions.[...]" - pfm

In my opinion the podium is really small for so many submissions, so I also want to mention the next two positions, because the point gaps are as small as even possible:
  • 4. "Gold (MTC) by   Zack11 - "Hey look it's me! Hello me!" - Zack11
  • 5. "mtc | A Way Home by   Snake55wildcat - "I feel like Altair with all these roof sections" - me (again)

Here is a full overview of all submissions:

You can read the full results here. This time it is a huge wall of comments and points :cool:

As for the additional rule in voting - deleting the highest and the lowest vote - I have to say that it did not change a lot. The top 5 was entirely unaffected in their position, as well as the bottom 5. In all other positions there were mostly swaps of two to three positions, except for "Sleeping Dogs", which fell 5 positions after removing highest and lowest vote, because it had one vote that was a lot higher than most of the other votes on that map.
    (You can see the highest and lowest vote for each map at the bottom of each comment section in the detailed sheet)

I think the small effect of the additional rule shows how most of the voters agreed on the votes/rank of each map.
    (Except for one vote that only included 1s and 10s, which I obviously removed ;))

I hope to see you again in a future MTC :)
    Last edited by haenry,
  • gado is a

Wheee :o
    Thank you so much! :) We're both really honored und super happy with the results! (I mean... how could it be different 8-| )
    Looking forward to more MTCs where Custom Titlepacks are allowed :p
    Last edited by Skellborn,
    G-kart Racer

Was great fun judging and reading other judges comments.

There was a great variety of tracks.
    Incredible how tight it was for first spot!

Congrats all =)

and thanks for the fun
    Quad Bike Racer
    Page: 4 of 7 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem