Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC August 2015 - 15-second tracks 
MTC August 2015 - 15-second tracks
Page: 5 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer

GG, congratulations to Skellborn on the win and beatinfected with a very close 2nd and Nitrono with 3rd (y) There were a ton of submissions this month and the results were very close so I'm really happy with 4th :cool:

haenry says:
"Hey look it's me! Hello me!" - Zack11

Why didn't you use pfm's comment :p

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted and thanks to Ville and Haenry for hosting this great MTC :d
Moped Racer

Yay second place :) thank you all very much for that voting :)
Congratulation to Skellborn and Skyslide for the well deserved 1. place, and also congratulation to Nitrono, Zack11 and Snake55wildcat for places 3. - 5.. Was nice to see such many good competitors in this MTC :)
G-kart Racer

yay top 10 =p Didn't think many people would like mine, since it's nothing crazy :p
congrats to the winners (y)
Moped Racer

Denny's votes on older MTC was unfair too, why without remowing? :$
Learner Driver

Your votes were really obvious because they only included 1 or 10. Furthermore your comments did not give any reason for the vote ;)
gado is a

nice to see nothing below a 6 on my map--it was an old united map that wasn't nearly my best but I thank you all for the consistency in the voting :)
G-kart Racer

Congratulations to the winners! This was definitely not my best work for sure. ;)

Reading the comments I´m a little bit disappointed that people pay that much attention on MT work, GPS and Intro/Outro. Its a veryshort .. cmon :s.

Anyway thanks for the competition and the nice organisation. This was an unexpspected topic, but i really liked it. (l)
Learner Driver

LostGamer says:
I´m a little bit disappointed that people pay that much attention on MT work, GPS and Intro/Outro. Its a veryshort .. cmon :s.

yeah I definitely agree with that :\
G-kart Racer

NitroGuY! says:
LostGamer says:
I´m a little bit disappointed that people pay that much attention on MT work, GPS and Intro/Outro. Its a veryshort .. cmon :s.

yeah I definitely agree with that :\

Actually outside of the MTC I agree too, MT is usually not important for me.

But my opinion is that on the MTC you have to make your track standout from all the other competitors, and also show a bit of effort.

MT (particularly some sort of simple Intro to "sell" your idea is at least a 1 point bonus in my view.

The Intro can be a great bonus to set the atmosphere for your theme, or to show off the care you took with the overall scenery design which sometimes cannot be fully appreciated from the driving line (Example: Fully Baked by Beatinfected)

The importance i give to the GPS is because to judge 30 tracks can represent quite a lot of work (as a judge its almost impossible that you are not going to have fun on all 30 of them)

If you include a GPS we can immediately understand how the track is supposed to be driven and what the intended route is. This is particularly important because not all judges are very skilled in all 3 Envi's (Or you might even have an RPG track or something like that)

I hope this makes sense!
Last edited by pfm,
Quad Bike Racer

Personally I always skip the intros etc, hence I don't see it as something to bother including in my own tracks since in my eyes it's worthless. For a very short track, the ratio of intro length to track length just feels weird. MT isn't I see as important at all for a shorter track.

For a longer track, I can see why some people would appreciate it though, but it still isn't something I tend to bother with.
G-kart Racer
Page: 5 of 7 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem