Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Q Bot - "expressive" driving competition 
Q Bot - "expressive" driving competition
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
Q Bot - "expressive" driving competition  
Hi all,

I've been thinking what a shame it is that one of the best Valley tracks ever built by a community effort is just sitting there begging to be driven and experienced.
"Q Bot by   MX-Community

I know, i know it can be argued that this is true of hundreds of tracks on MX, but allow me naively believe this one is just a tiny bit more special than a lot of them ! =)

I know that the Valley community is the smallest in TM right now, but I also know its one of the most creative out there (hats out to the people playing Chase mode online every day, for example).

So I was thinking of a way to motivate people to play this great endurance map in a way other than the pointless "Submit your best time for 2000000 million meaningless planets".

The track can be a bit hard for beginner to intermediate drivers to get a clean run, so I'm proposing a different type of contest than just driving your fastest time.

The Idea:
The idea is for everyone to submit replays, not of their best times, but of the most expressive/creative driving they can pull off.

This can be open to interpretation, it could be things like:

• Driving with the most close shaves on barriers, obstacles, jumps etc
  • Doing Stunts while still finishing the track, and integrating the stunts into the race path.
  • anything else you can think of!

Example of this kind of run, that I did on a track by Ropesbart a couple of years ago.
Video: Canyon Stunt Run on Acrobart by Ropesbart

Rules
There are no rules! Just have fun.
You can drive any route you want
You don't have to finish the track
You don't have to go through all the CPs
You can drive with any car you want, Stadium, Canyon, Valley car all good

The prize:
The prize will be to be featured in the Video that gets made with the replay highlights =)
Last edited by pfm,
Quad Bike Racer

i like the idea of stunt driving, let me try the map maybe i'll find some stunts while riding ^^
Quad Bike Racer

I'm definitely on to that challenge! Driving maps in ways they're not supposed to is pretty much always fun (y)
Moped Racer

Seem nice ! Even if i'm not the best in Valley but i'll try do the best i can ! I can help with the video if you want !
Trying Unique Idea

Cool!
nice to have some interest! :d
lets do it, have fun and don't forget to save your replays

@Eternity
Would be awesome to have your help with the video =)

Edit:
Lets see if anyone replies over the weekend, not sure there is much interest in this...
Last edited by pfm,
Quad Bike Racer

I really like this idea ;) I'll try something! (I wish it was on a canyon map though...)

Edit: Can I use a canyon car on this map? :cool:
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

Zack11 says:
Edit: Can I use a canyon car on this map? :cool:

why not, go for it! great idea =)
Quad Bike Racer

Great :d This is going to be really fun :cool: Going to get some crazy stunts/drifts xD

Edit: I just wanted to make sure it's okay if I don't finish the map, I'll probably miss some CPs ;)
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

Zack11 says:

Edit: I just wanted to make sure it's okay if I don't finish the map, I'll probably miss some CPs ;)

sure its ok not to finnish =)
this is totally freeform =)
Quad Bike Racer

Sounds great! I've found some pretty creative ways to drive the track :d
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem