Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  [Tutorial] Custom Music 
[Tutorial] Custom Music
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

Hi, tnx for this tuto... I tried to follow it, did the conversion, and the file appears now as .mux in C:\Users\Trygve\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Media\Musics....
But when i want to use it in media tracker, it`s no file there.... I restarted canyon twice, and restarted my pc to make sure...still not there... Any idea?

Edit; Whats more strange is that after I posted this, and again open my track in mt, there is no music at all ! Closing mt, the music is back, open mt again, the music is gone ! Hm......
Last edited by Nesrally,
Moped Racer

As I wrote, I had similar problems, too. But they it worked after some restarts (maybe this wasn't really the solution?).
I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to solve your problem.
You could post a download of your mux and somebody else can test it. Then you would at least know if it's a problem with the file itself (I could do that tomorrow, no more time today).

Hans Holo
:d

-----------------
Edit: Open the mux in mt? Do you want it to start on a certain block? (You can put the file into /ManiaPlanet/Media/Sounds and add sound in MT). Or do you mean the "song-selection".
I'm also not really sure what you mean by open track in MT?
Last edited by Hans Holo,
Beetle Racer

Well, i am just about to make a video from my track "Canyon unveiled", and wanted to add some custom music for the video, thats all..... and now i dont have music at all when i open mt.....hm, its sooo strange...but not really catastrophic either..can always ad the music later in the video editor program....

Anyway, thank u for quick response Hans....
Moped Racer

Now I do understand you Nesrally. For my first video I have used a video programme, too. But my latest are done 100% in TM. So, it's possible to add music to a video in TM. Here's my way of doing it (there are some similar ways I guess):

- preparation: copy the music to /ManiaPlanet/Media/Sounds
then start TM

- when you make a video you do not open the track, but the replay (there's a special button for editing replays)
- the replay editor looks like the MT in the Trackeditor
- select "+" to add a new effect
- select "sound" as the new effect
- in the window on the left you can now edit the effect: click on "..." behind sound, to open the sound folder. Select your song.

That's it.
Any questions left? Just ask... ;)

Hans

Beetle Racer

Yeah ! ! ! THAT was the troll.... instead of putting my song in /ManiaPlanet/Media/Sounds i putted it in /ManiaPlanet/Media/Music...... So after put in right folder, everything works... :p
A little confusing there is two folders for music..... whats the other for? (The music folder)

Thank u so much Hans ! (y)
Moped Racer

The music folder is supposed to be for ...well, adding music to your track. You can choose it then in the editor to add it to on of your tracks. I think you've already played a track with custom music, haven't you? ;)

The sound folder is supposed to add sounds by using the mediatracker. Normally it's used for sounds, noises, etc. for example on story tracks, but of course you can also use it to add a song as a sound. :p
Moped Racer

Ah, now i think i start to understand... Thanks kruemelyeti ! Nope, actually I don`t use sound when I race tracks.. the music added to a track take way to long for me to download, so i stop the downloading, and race in silence..... even the engine sounds i stopped using long ago..... 8-| It was to unnatural for me, being use to the sound in GranTurismo....

So, if I understand it right now, the music AND sound folder works only for adding music and other sounds to track I build, when the sound folder is the only works for adding music to replays? If I want to add other sound to my replay, like comments a.s.o, it must also be put there? Can have two or more sound tracks in the replay editor, right?

Another thing coming up now when i writing this is a little odd...hm cannot figure it out how it did happen.... But I had 2 instances of canyon open same time. In the first an ordinary replay in the replay editor where i was able to start using the music. Since the music track was way longer then the replay it self, the music just continue to play when the race was at finish line, then when music track was at the end, it all started over again. Then i happen to click the two green dots there (music and looping) and went on to write here.. When I returned, the race went in loops when the music just continued without actually reach the end of the music track. So far so good. Then when i tried to do the same in my other instances of canyon, it does not works that way.... Makes my wonder, that green dots says "looping", is that for the race to loop as long as the song is playing, or for the music to loop as long as the race continue.. (If the race is longer then the sound track) ?

Hm, got to work it out all this stuff..... :p

Last edited by Nesrally,
Moped Racer

I think your assumptions in the second chapter are correct (haven't tried all of it yet).
My guess about the loop would be, that the sound (or music) is repeated until the end of the timebar (haven't tried it either).
I'm not a fan of working with the media tracker (if you have ever worked with a pro music- or movie tool, the MT is quite annoying in comparison). So I do not try to understand the MT as a whole, but only try to find solutions to what I want to accomplish (but that's probably the reason why I've never done an outstanding MT-work).
Building means learning! (I'm such a wise guy. ;) )
Beetle Racer

Hans Holo says:
I think your assumptions in the second chapter are correct (haven't tried all of it yet).
Ok, then maybe some other can comfirm it? :$

Hans Holo says:
My guess about the loop would be, that the sound (or music) is repeated until the end of the timebar (haven't tried it either).
How then, did i have it to play continuous, without it going to the end of the time bar? It just looped the race, when the music continued undisturbed. Can someone educate me about it? Plz? 8-|

Hans Holo says:
I'm not a fan of working with the media tracker (if you have ever worked with a pro music- or movie tool, the MT is quite annoying in comparison).
Yeah, agree in that...could be a lot more self explaining imo..... getting sooo frustrated too many times....

Hans Holo says:
Building means learning!
Yes ! And I am determant to learn this..... :p
Moped Racer
Music tracks for race tracks in Canyon  
Do you really have to jump through that many hoops just to load a song on a race track! :(
Why is it that I have to be such a tech whiz to do much beyond racing. Also, I can't find my .gbx files to upload tracks. When I did find it the first time, it wouldn't let me upload. It said something to the effect that I needed to compute lighting or some crap like that.

My Canyon profile name is 21stcenturyrocker; my email is darylockert@rocketmail.com. I'd sure appreciate your help. I don't like forums. Don't know how to use them very well and have a lot of trouble finding what I'm looking for.

Also, if you or anyone else in the USA don't mind making a phone call, that would be good!

My name is Daryl Ockert, I live in Fresno, CA, and my phone # is: 559-498-9656. Email would be ok but a phone walkthrough would be much better. Thank you so much in advance.

Please, please help me. I'm pulling my hair out!
Learner Driver
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem