Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Site developing timing 
Site developing timing
Page: 4 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

Far from PP/O and the beta area. The next step is the leaderboard search (the full LB) and blogging. ;)
Deep fried

alright, thanks for the update (l)
Beetle Racer

And a few bits and pieces in between those major features.
Deep fried

The Replays API Methods are documented since some days. But they return nothing yet.
I visit the "Public Changelog" thread every day, but there are no corresponding infos.
I need a RSS feed for this thread..! ;)
Learner Driver

Not to say this in a bad way, but it has been a while since the LB and not much but bug fixes have happened since then to my knowledge. Is the full PPO coming soon?
Beetle Racer

Replay uploading (including the addition of the leaderboard) was enabled on November 12, 2011 according to the changelog. Since then, 3 pages of fixes and features have been implemented.

PPO is in active development, but it's a big project. MX is also not Forzyy's fulltime job, even though he puts a lot of his free time into it.

It's hard to have features missing that we were used to having in old TMX. But since MX is a total rewrite of the code from the ground up, it has to be looked at as a brand new site.

If you compare the time it took to get many of the features we have now on MX with the time it took to get them on the original TMX, we're way ahead of where they were.

It's true, we have the benefit of seeing what was popular, and what we should and shouldn't implement, but we also have ideas about doing things differently now that we have the chance to start anew.

The site will continue to grow and evolve as the next few titles of ManiaPlanet are released.

There's no denying that PPO will be beneficial. In the meantime, the Knockouts continue to be held twice every weekend, and we are committed to doing our part as community members to improve the experience of all players.

Personally, my biggest wish, even more than PPO, is the ability to add authors to a favorites list and keep an eye out for their latest releases in some sort of a feed. It doesn't have to be implemented exactly like it was on TMX, but something of equal usefulness will add a lot of value to the site for me. In the meantime, I'm using ManiaHome for this purpose, but for that to work, all of the people whose tracks I enjoy have to be on my buddylist, and that's not always ideal.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader
Page: 4 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem