Location: Home  Community Forums  General  most "not fun" Canyon thingies 
most "not fun" Canyon thingies
Page: 2 of 6
Post Reply  0 Observer

My only complaint is that inertia isn't simulated properly. If you're going three or four hundred kph around a loop or across a turning wall ride, you should have pretty good traction even if you're fighting the pull of gravity.

Even then it's more of a realism complaint than a gameplay one, although it would fix the loop of death.
Rise from the ashes!

Space says:
@ville: I'm speaking from casual players, who aren't really skilled too. and I have 137 solo campaign medals, while you have 119 ^^
@tuta: if you're crashing into the wall, TM is braking for you. today once I ever got when I crashed, bounced back to the road, drove about half a sec straight and drifted without pressing the brake on flat road!

Oh, THAT autobrake :p Yeah quite annoying idd.

Btw, I think you guys are going way too hard on defending TM2...
· · · – – – · · ·

I do not understand why my skill has anything to do with this anyway. It's not like I said I'm better driver than you? I just said that more training will solve the problems caused by drift for example. Of course the game won't be easy to master - you need to train a lot.

Many people have been saying that Canyon is too easy. I disagree. It's really hard to make stable runs because the drifting system is extremely precise. You need to master it before you can seriously beat the tough guys in tournaments. And of course people should drive challenging tracks, not only those full-platform-FS-maps (no disrespect to FS lovers) in order to gain skills.

(And just so you know, I only drove half of the solo campaign)

@Tuta, I'm not defending for the sake of defending, I'm just expressing my point of view here... same as everyone else ;)
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

nice to see discussion is not going offtopic :)
Zimmer Racer

3. a biiit late steering

do you have gamepad. ?
if so change dead zone. ;)
Beetle Racer

I have keyboard. and it's made just like in other racing games, but the difference is that other games don't require such precision.
Zimmer Racer

Meh, I think the Canyon Car is great fun to drive, won't complain about it, I prefer it to all TM1 environments, perhaps about equal with my favourite Stadium (Dirt).

Drifiting is fun, loops and wallrides are no longer a cakewalk. As for the Autobrake thingy I've not really experienced it except when I have a really bad crash and spin then the car seems to shove the handbrake on when I drive away, I agree that's annoying but I haven't noticed it when brush a wall for instance. I don't miss the precise airbraking of Stadium like I thought I would. Jump landing is a bit odd after playing dirt where the car would bounce a lot and lose speed if the track designer hadn't built the landing correctly, because in Canyon it's like they said screw it, if people can't be bothered to build jump landings properly it doesn't matter because the car literally glues to the track, even if falling fro about 100 feet :'(

Edit: Oh wait, most not fun thingies! :d
For me its the overwhelming popularity of Fullspeed and Time Attack. I prefer Rounds and Tech. Also overabundance of abstract platformy tracks, I prefer something that more resembles an actual racetrack, preferably with nice deserty scenery rather than odd ancient greek type building thingies built out of cement blocks.
Last edited by voodoo,
G-kart Racer

I've been playing the TM series for so long that I'll pretty much accept anything that Nadeo builds. (y) But.

If you're from TMNF you didn't have to spend any money for Stadium.
If you're from TMUF, if you didn't like one environment, then you could play the six others instead.

We paid $20 for the one Canyon environment so I think everyone sort of expected it to be perfect. I don't personally like the loops much either. I also didn't like engine killers in TM1, along with corkscrews in Snow, and the skinny water road in Island...

We'll survive. :p
Moped Racer

If you were involved in the beta, then you knew what you were getting into. Everyone else only had recordings of gameplay to look at. Either way, I seriously doubt the the physics of the car are going to change. I guarantee that a lot of other options in terms of car physics have been explored in the past, and this is what was agreed upon. So complain as much as you like, but don't expect things to start changing.
Sports Saloon Racer

jet777 says:
]We paid $20 for the one Canyon environment so I think everyone sort of expected it to be perfect

I think 20 euro is damn sheap.
much better than to wait a wile longer and pay 60 euro for 3 env.
Beetle Racer
Page: 2 of 6 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem