Location: Home  Community Forums  General  ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News 
ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News
Page: 25 of 26
Locked  0 Observer

So now we're going to start having cross-game maps, and in order to get an award you have to have a substantial, flowy track and make a good shooter arena out of it as well. :p
Moped Racer

I dont know, obviously, but I think that this will not be possible in the release version.. Since it doesnt really work all that well. Though perhaps it is an indication that we will be able to use all cars on all enviros later :d
· · · – – – · · ·

I think it might be possible, when someone invents envi-mix in TM²/SM to build SM-maps in Canyon. You just have to be able to build the spawnpoints and flags from SM in the canyon environment, it should work then, I guess.

In the other direction... well, I think it's possible too, but I think building racetracks in the SM editor won't result in a good map. :d
Moped Racer

cxom-tdoh says:
So now we're going to start having cross-game maps,

Not for long.. this is a bug, and bugs are fixed.
But probably it will be possible in the future like those env mix maps.

Beetle Racer

GanjaRider says:
Frogger =p

Holy crap, that was quick.. a few days old and already blocked in germany.

Three cheers to GEMA!!! :@

Back to the point.. it would actually be pretty cool to build a race track and inside the track/map define an area where there's shootmania going on. Like in Battlefield where the map has diferent sizes for different amount of players.

And imagine (which is not gonna happen) how cool it would be to have both games running simultaneous on a server, on the same map, where the shootmania players would run around and shoot between all the racers and would have to be careful not to get hit by a car while they cross a road. :cool:
Last edited by SkunkY,
..wasn't me

I was joking, but the possibilities it would allow are quite intriguing. Two guys hop on the roofs of two cars and duel it out at a couple hundred kph. Simultaneous servers seems quite improbable (at any point in time), but I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two we're making Storm and Cryo Races and Canyon and Valley Arenas. If, however, that does actually happen, chances are the cross game envi-mix will only add the capture points and spawns to TM and the Starts, CPs, and Finishes to Storm. Considering that, in Canyon all of the blocks will still be there, leaving wide open the option of making a map that can double as a shooter arena. Given the setup of the games, however, they can only be loaded and played separately, meaning the track would have to be well incorporated into the arena to actually be appreciated, and vice versa. Making a track/arena in storm, however, is not as pragmatic, as only offroad tracks can be made.
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer

cxomtdoh says:
I was...I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two...

dude with nadeo timeline you'd better say 10-15 years.
    md
Quad Bike Racer

- 9 seconds to cross a storm map with the canyon car (24 secs on a canyon map).
- 3.12 minutes to cross a canyon map with the storm character (45 secs on a storm map).

Ofcourse the car keeps accelerating and the character doesn't so it's not hundred percent comparable but it's a good indication of how different the size of the maps feel.
Last edited by GR.,
Quad Bike Racer

You are insane :d

I tried it too but I could never reach the end 8-|
Beetle Racer
Page: 25 of 26 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem