Location: Home  Community Forums  General  ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News 
ShootMania: Storm - Discussion & News
Page: 26 of 26
Locked  0 Observer

Just ignore this, I should have looked around a bit first :s I was fooling around with the new menu loadout in MP2.0, and I decided to click on install a title, just to see where it led (as there are no new titles yet besides canyon). There were actually options; canyon and storm. Interested, I clicked on storm. Just as expected, it asked for a key. You could enter a key but you could also buy a key. I thought you registered or you didn't - so I clicked on it. It lead me here. I registered at shootmania.com. There was nothing about any sort of purchase. Plus, who would buy a key for the price of the game (When I clicked download, still curious but not believing any of this would get me any closer to the game, I was lead, of course, to a checkout) It was an official (or at least looking) European page. I had trouble believing it was a scam, as I got the link out of the game itself, but nothing made sense. Shootmania.com still says "Closed Beta, coming soon", but this says beta access. I know the alpha is out, but there's no purchase for that either, and it says beta all over the page. The checkout doesn't make sense also . As if someone would actually pay for a key, all it asks for is your email address. Would this resign you up for the beta, or get you absolutely nowhere (except for maybe a few spam emails). I'm not planning to try, but if anybody else knows how this site compares to shootmania.com, I'm very confused. For all I know, it's just the European version of the same site or an alternate marketing website (If it's the first, I'd be very surprised, as they are different URLs). Plus, I'd figure that if it were real I'd have access to the beta elsewhere.
Edit: This is the buy games site for SM; Storm, The "checkout" page is still messed up (I can't quite figure what would happen if you did enter your email, etc, but I have a feeling it's just in not-well-concealed development to sell the full game when it comes out).
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer

All the alpha players have had to go there to 'buy' the game, but with a redemtion code that gives them 100% discount. This is supposed to last for 7 days.

I dont know what happens if you tried to buy the game now without a code and I dont know what happens at the end of 7 days ^^

I suspect it will tell you you cant, but hey, you can keep clicking until wants a credit card number ;)
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired
Beetle Racer

Hi all i have one sm beta key...

To get it you just need to pm me a number of those
and the first one to pm me the right number gets it ;)

only one pm per user....

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

good luck

Remember this is just for fun :d
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

"MrA in front page news" says:
You can now get ShootMania Storm as a pre-order download (link below). :cool:

If you missed out on the beta sign-ups, don't worry, because this pre-order will give you instant access to the beta! (brb)

Pre-order ShootMania Storm now! (also available in 3 and 5 packs)

(y)
Site Leader

SPIDER (15031) says:
Forzyy says:
It'll take 40+ minutes to run from the centre of an SM map to the edge and over.

GOOD WORK Forzyy :p

it only takes less than 4 minutes with the car on sm map :p
Beetle Racer

cxomtdoh says:
I was joking, but the possibilities it would allow are quite intriguing. Two guys hop on the roofs of two cars and duel it out at a couple hundred kph.

That's what we have Unreal Tournament 2004 and UT3 for. Vehicular and on-foot combat combined.
Moped Racer

i know i have just posted i do not want shootmania but i a little ?
can you use a the xbox 360 pad to control the game on this game ?
if YES just maybe i may go for it...but without pad i am screwed, as i broke my wrist in 3 places some years ago,
making gaming on keyboard a real pain sometimes..shooters is out of the window.....
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Yes, just as it works in Trackmania, it will work in Shootmania. The only problmen is that, just like Trackmania, the triggers (RT and LT) won't work, so you'll have to play without them.
Moped Racer

thats funny the 2 triggers work fine for me on tm and canyon ^^^
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER
Page: 26 of 26 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem