Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  BASCO 2012 - Stage 6 [Results on page 6!] 
BASCO 2012 - Stage 6 [Results on page 6!]
Page: 3 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

kruemelyeti (108) says:
KekX says:
Please put at least one respawnable CP into your part.

Enai disqualified
broadsword disqualified
Gosaft disqualified
Feiier disqualified
Nimrod disqualified

Wtf, I have a respawnable CP in my part. Look again! :@
Last edited by Gosaft,
Learner Driver

Relax guys.
You're only disqualified if KeKx say so.
Does it djent?

chuckie (855) says:
Relax guys.
You're only disqualified if KeKx say so.

but kekx has been running the basco 10x more strict than the mtc...
Quad Bike Racer

Well... these are kind of the reactions I expected, when I wrote my post. ^^ Everyone chill out, noone is disquaified, because I said so. Just wanted to tell, what will happen, if we strictly follow the rules.

Gosaft says:
Wtf, I have a respawnable CP in my part. Look again! :@

Sorry, my fault, didn't see that one. :$

Enai Siaion says:
Hey, it's always nice to start paying attention to checkpoints two weeks after letting two parts in a row with cuts in them win. Maybe also try to actually find cuts instead of counting checkpoints, and perhaps care a little bit about the little things like killer turns at 40 seconds in and people who ravage other people's parts by building retarded concrete ufos above then and then we might get somewhere.

It won't be a problem for me, if we change the rules for the last part. I don't necessarily need a cp in the last stage, there's one right at the end of the fifth part and because many people haven't built one, it would be better to change the rules to keep it fair instead of disqualifying half of the submissions. ^^ That's my opinion, maybe some people will see it different, just wanted to tell, what will happen, if we judge exclusively by the rules.

Wanted to say something about those flying circles, too, but everytime I see or even think about them I die laughing, sorry. :d
Last edited by XT kruemelyeti,
Moped Racer

maybe it would have been a good idea to create a rule like "replace the finish block of the last stage with a full respawnable cp". wouldn't be necessary in tcq's part, but would reduce the cp gap between stage 3 and stage 4.
Learner Driver

Sorry for raging. :)
It's just everyone seems to be breaking the spirit of the rules, so enforcing the letter of the rules even where it makes little sense is a bit dissonant.
Moped Racer

I think I should have adjusted the rules of stage 6; sorry for that. There's really no need for a checkpoint in the last 10 seconds because there's the one from tcq at the end of his part. We certainly won't disqualify half of the entries. In this case, following common sense might be a better idea than following the rules literally ;)
Last edited by KekX,
MTC underway!

KekX says:
I think I should have adjusted the rules of stage 6; sorry for that. There's really no need for a checkpoint in the last 10 seconds because there's the one from tcq at the end of his part. We certainly won't disqualify half of the entries. In this case, following common sense instead the literal rules might be a better idea ;)

Good to hear that. There are some pretty cool parts and it would be a shame to do not give them a chance. :)
Moped Racer

Did I already thank the BASCO staff for running this contest? Mistakes inevitably happen, but overall a lot of work went into this contest and it was a lot of fun as well. :cool:

(There's still the MT part etc)

How about a BASCO for TMNF? :)
Moped Racer

That's the nicest post I've ever read from you Enai. (l) It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Site Leader
Page: 3 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem