Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Theme suggestions 
MTC Theme suggestions
Page: 12 of 27
Locked  1 Observer

haenry says:
I already have a theme for January :p
I will post it later today.

How should we determine which environment is the weakest environment of a builder and what his weakest style is?

Ok everyone build a tcq styled hill climb map in valley. gogogo! :p

check uploaded map? and many know who builds in what envi... rex, seven, DrHugs, Mental Side, me,... Stadium, the FT>> players mostly Canyon and Valley(?)...
Beetle Racer

haenry says:
Ok everyone build a tcq styled hill climb map in valley. gogogo! :p

lol, haven't even heard of that xD

But yeah, just a quick review of a participant's published tracks would suffice I think. Somewhat time consuming, I'd offer help though :3

And people don't have to be limited to one style or environment, doesn't seem fair/fun. I've built maybe 3 tech maps in 7 years, and I've never touched the editor in Valley, so I'd most likely choose a stadium tech map.

Also I like January's theme :)
Last edited by AR »rexine,
Quad Bike Racer

What about a track with "x" different blocks?

I explain, lets say you can pick 2 different blocks of your choice (in the stadium), so i chose the flat white block and the quarter loop one, then i'm only using those (apart from start, checkpoints & finish of course).
Quad Bike Racer

Make a map where you can only drive on objects ;)
Moped Racer

This is going to be a pain to build, Voy!

The only-use-"x"-different-blocks theme sounds very cool actually. I only need to find a good number for the x. Thanks for the suggestion (y)
gado is a

haenry says:

how so Heanry?
this is being done by many builders lately, look at al these RPG mappers, Beatinfected, and Falkers (who comes closely to this)
almost everyone is experimenting with the usage of objects lately :)
I'd be happy to see this theme :)
Moped Racer

But you do know how long it takes to build a map with a lot of objects? The RPG maps I know took months to construct.
gado is a

FTFY:
haenry says:

[quote=FT»lolig]how so Heanry?
this is being done by many builders lately, look at al these RPG mappers, Beatinfected, and Falkers (who comes closely to this)
almost everyone is experimenting with the usage of objects lately :)
I'd be happy to see this theme :)[
/quote]
Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
Beetle Racer

haenry says:
But you do know how long it takes to build a map with a lot of objects? The RPG maps I know took months to construct.

yes i know but ain't this the whole thing behind an MTC? to challenge the mapper?
there have been pretty hard themes through the years, and this one gives a lot of freedom
but yet its rather challenging.

imo this is a great theme.
Moped Racer

Well, what i meant with the suggestion was that only the driving path has to consist of objects. RPG maps are pretty long and really scenery heavy, with tons of objects in both route and scenery, but with this definition you could use normal blocks in the scenery of a quite shorter map as well. ;)
Last edited by Voyager006,
Moped Racer
Page: 12 of 27 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem