Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Theme suggestions 
MTC Theme suggestions
Page: 13 of 27
Locked  1 Observer

Dsnt really sound challenging to me, just annoying (as it most likely forces you to build some specificly transitional styles (FS & RPG being the most common objects-trans ones)). Plus for any consistant flow on such a theme not a lot of ppl will make a correct map, and the few which could, probably won't make it in time. Don't get me wrong, i love ultra transitional stuff, but if you want it to be good it takes few monthes, and that being said by me, a guy who builds a full calculated FS track with a heavy scenery in about 2 hours... Imo we'd just end up with "pain-in-the-a**" tracks, all more awful than the others. But hey for another comp with more time this would be cool.
Quad Bike Racer

erm I'm wondering why you think tech can't be made from them.. most objects look like normal blocks wich are mostly used for tech...

FS/RPG will take much more time. while Tech ain't about the transitions.
Moped Racer

probably because i don't play tech, but then tech players only will have the time to build, making it totally unfair for the others...
Quad Bike Racer

How about a "Speed" theme, where once you get over 50 mph (just using the speed from the movie as an example here :p) you can't go below that speed for the rest of the track, or else BOOM!

The speeds would have to vary depending on the genre. They would have to be high enough so that they're somewhat challenging to maintain, otherwise the maps wouldn't look much different from normal ones. And as a rule the minimum speed should be reached within ~10 seconds of the start.
Quad Bike Racer
April Fools' Day  
i have an idea for april ^^
"no limit / no theme"
title says whats its about
Beetle Racer

No CPs and an Engine-Kill-Block within the first 2 or so blocks would be interesting :)
G-kart Racer

I guess someone would have to make embeddable enginekiller-objects for Valley and Canyon Skellborn - otherwise it would be a very unfair MTC. And even though I have made quite a bit of experience in object-creation by now, I have never seen a way to get engine-killer-behaviour in objects.
Buffer Overflow

I wasn't aware of the engine killer blocks missing in valley and canyon :d
There is a custom engine killer block in the RPG-Titlepack, so it seems like it's possible
Last edited by Skellborn,
G-kart Racer

tm2: Hidden cuts

as we did on tmu, why not on tm² (if it hasn't been done yet)
Last edited by FT»lolig,
Moped Racer
Page: 13 of 27 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem