Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Theme suggestions 
MTC Theme suggestions
Page: 14 of 27
Locked  1 Observer

How about only using the simple editor that existed in TMNF. You're only allowed to use the following blocks:

The rules would of course be similar for Canyon and Valley ;)
Quad Bike Racer

I think it's a great idea ! It will be cool to see what all the mappers can make only with this few blocks.

+1 vote (y)
G-kart Racer

Clearvision says:
How about only using the simple editor that existed in TMNF. You're only allowed to use the following blocks:

I like this idea
G-kart Racer

FT»lolig says:
tm2: Hidden cuts

as we did on tmu, why not on tm² (if it hasn't been done yet)

Hidden Cuts ? Now that is also a good idea
G-kart Racer

Clearvision says:

I dont like that at all... maps would be pretty similar because you can't be creative...
Beetle Racer

Clearvision says:

and again an stadium envi only suggestion....
Moped Racer

Just noticed that in Kripkes Titlepack he included the simple editor for all enviroments, could these be used as a base for my idea? ;)

Stadium:

Canyon:

Valley:

Quad Bike Racer

The simple Editor is available for all environments but at least in Valley it is barely usable as there is a default decoration which leaves nearly no free space.
Buffer Overflow
how can we get more entries?  
Hey ManiaExchange,
I think that the ManiaExchange mtc loses more and participants each month. I don't really know why but I have an idea how the mtc could be more attractive: easier themes that enable more styles. The themes of the last few months were pretty difficult and more or less forced a style to build. Waiting line and U-Turn-Drama are perfect examples. IMO you were forced to build kind of tech maps if you want a good result. The themes forced the trajectory and as said didn't provide as much free space as Can you feel the waves?, Quantum Hourglass, Crossroads or Switching Surface

There are pros and cons but IMO the pros clearly outweight.

Pros: |Cons:
Different styles of maps |maybe not challenging for experienced mappers
Easier for new mappers | -> can be boring
More participants

Tl;Dr:
:done: Easier themes that provide more free space for different styles of maps.

iGn Zeta // fredair
Beetle Racer

Yes, fredair. Always difficult themes is horrible for beginner builders. On the other hand we need some difficult themes to keep the pros motivated. That's why I try to switch between difficult and easy themes. But sometimes it happens that a few themes in a row are similar in difficulty.

So if themes are getting too easy or too hard, please give me some feedback ;)
gado is a
Page: 14 of 27 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem