Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC May 2014 - He's Like a Mapping iPod! 
MTC May 2014 - He's Like a Mapping iPod!
Page: 1 of 14
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC May 2014 - He's Like a Mapping iPod!  

Welcome to the ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC), May 2014.

In the MTC, your task is to build a track on a given theme (see below). Later on, all of the entered tracks will be rated by our judges and a winner will be found.

The Details

Let's have a look at the details of the contest:

Theme of the Month: He's like a mapping iPod! (To continue with the pun tradition. Also a reference to Savant's "Living iPod"):
Entrants should create a track in a 10x10 area using either one of the new MP3 editor features, aka mixmapping/airmapping or envimixing. Mixmapping and airmapping are considered as a single feature.

Deadline: All tracks should be submitted by the end of Sunday 18th May, 00:00 Pacific Time.

Prize:
:gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that :p)
:gold: Top 3 tracks will be featured in the News section, getting extra spotlight.

Rules:
- Build in any TM2 environment
- Tracks should be between 30-90 seconds.
- Using both techniques is allowed, however there will be a 2 point penalty deducted from your track. Our goal is to only use one of the new features. Coming MTCs might not have this penalty since both are inside the game.
- Do not build your track inside a custom titlepack such as the RPG Titlepack, or it may get disqualified. Trackmania_2 titlepack, however, is allowed.
- For those envimixing without access to the Trackmania_2 titlepack OR who want to put a car on stad, there's envimix bases here
- 1 map per author

-Include the sequence of letters MTC somewhere in the track name so that it can be easily discovered on mania-exchange.com.
Important: To enter a track, simply upload it and post a link to your submission in the thread linked here.

The Judging System

We'll be using the same judging criteria as April's MTC, disclosed under these lines:

Each judge will rate every track using the following categories:

:award: Route: Flow, smoothness, layout, speed, diversity, transitions, difficulty, etc.
The general "feel" of the track while driven.
Max. 15 points/judge

:award: Theme: The judges will look at how creatively you implement the theme into the track.
Max. 15 points/judge

:award: Polishing: Signage, Scenery, MT. Does your track feel like it has the finishing touches?
Max. 10 points/judge

:award: Fun Factor: Depending on how fun the judges find your track, some extra points can be given.
Max. 10 points/judge

We need reliable and committed judges, so if you want to volunteer as a judge, please contact us!

Good luck! If you have any questions, please ask.

Last edited by nervousWillow,
The Green Dude
How to: Turn blockmixing and airmapping on  
Ever since the MP3.0 release, "blockmixing" and "airmapping" have appeared as ingame editor features. We all know what blockmixing is, and airmapping is simple to explain: Delete those annoying pillars that make it so difficult to build when you have high blocks.

To enable these features, head to the editor and click on "Advanced Customization Tools" (aka "That hammer in the bottom right corner"). Once in there, click on "Unlock experimental features". A screen will appear with a simple explanation on both modes and a little tutorial on how to run them. Click on the "enable" button of whatever feature you're willing to turn on. Once enabled, they're turned on by hitting F2 while in block mode or double-tapping F2 in any other mode (as the first hit puts you in block mode).

Happy mixing!
The Green Dude

FT»Osaka says:
Deadline: All tracks should be submitted by the end of Sunday 18th April, 00:00 Pacific Time.
Update Pls :)
Moped Racer

Zack11 says:
FT»Osaka says:
Deadline: All tracks should be submitted by the end of Sunday 18th April, 00:00 Pacific Time.
Update Pls :)

Don't know what you're talking about :cool:
G-kart Racer

I'm in! I like building in small spaces :cool:
Beetle Racer

FT»Osaka says:

• Entrants should create a track in a 10x10 area

• I guess there is no height restriction?
    MX Supporter

Asides from an old "Building in a box" theme, restrictions that involve area don't involve height. So yeah, 10x10 area with no maximum height.
    The Green Dude

My thoughts when reading the title: "Is.. is that a Savant reference?" Someone has a great taste. :)
    Old Age Caravanner

size restriction themes are always fun! hopefully i'll find some time during my upcoming final exams
    Beetle Racer
    Cosmetics  
    Are decoration allowed to go outside the build limit? I've got some floating islands in my track that are purely cosmetic (you can't drive on them) but go out of the limit. The drivable track is in the limit.
    Learner Driver
    Page: 1 of 14 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem